Environmental Defense Fund Europe is an affiliate of Environmental Defense Fund, a leading international non-profit organisation that creates transformative solutions to the most serious environmental problems. With programs from Boston to Beijing, Environmental Defense Fund has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, economics, market-based approaches, and innovative partnerships.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organisation for 50 years. Are you a results-oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
The Senior Human Resources Assistant provides administrative and project support to the Human Resources Business Partner Team, covering administrative duties across all HR workstreams as part of the larger HR team within EDF. The Senior Human Resources Assistant is based in EDF's London office supporting the European team and reports to the HRBP Manager.
- Assisting with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining and organising files
- Employment verifications
- Payroll administration
- Answering employee questions and directing them to the appropriate member of HR
- Maintaining employee records in our HRIS system (Workday) by collaborating with the HRIS team to process employee changes accurately and in a timely fashion, supporting system queries from employees and running reports as requested
- Setting appointments and arranging meetings
- Compiling reports and spreadsheets
- Ensuring all HR related documentation i.e. Absence records are collated and filed accordingly
- Drafting ad-hoc Letters/Contracts and other documents as required using existing templates ensuring standardisation of HR process, templates and policies
- Approving agency timesheets
- Coordinating, coding and submitting invoices
- Supporting the onboarding process with delivery of inductions for new/returning staff, including scheduling
- Support the offboarding process with exit paperwork and scheduling exit interviews with appropriate HRBP
- Assisting with HR projects as needed
- Supporting the Talent Acquisition team with the administration of recruitment campaigns - including drafting and proofing of recruitment packs, arranging external advertising & job posting, interview scheduling and offer letters, dealing with initial recruitment queries from potential applicants
- Support the ongoing growth of key step change areas for the organisation including diversity, equality and inclusion, health and wellbeing and staff engagement including taking minutes as instructed
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Additional relevant responsibilities and general administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- CIPD Level 3 qualified or working toward
- Proven record of administrative support experience; experience in a human resources department preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Superior time management skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and proofreading skills
- Self-starter with high energy who possesses a sense of urgency and works well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with iCIMS and Workday a plus
- Interest in environmental advocacy a plus
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
You must have the right to live and work in the UK when applying.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.