Environmental Finance is a pioneering employee-owned social enterprise established in 2016. We are the UK’s leading environmental impact investment advisor, providing strategic consultancy and corporate finance advice to some of the largest environment and conservation organisations in the UK, such as DEFRA and the National Trust, and globally, such as RSPB and WWF. We also work with a range of partners seeking to deliver and scale high impact investments towards funding both community and landscape-scale environmental initiatives.
Environmental Finance is part of the Finance For Sustainability group, a group of social enterprises that collectively manage over £60m of impact investment funds, and have advised on over 50 impact investment assignments across sport, the environment, arts and heritage, as well as creating new market infrastructure for the wider social investment market.
Our team is highly collaborative inside and out of the office. Under normal working conditions, pub lunches, social events, our dog friendly office environment and team “teach-ins” are part of our work culture. During this period of lockdown due to COVID-19, we continue to support our colleagues through daily informal “coffee meetings”, regular one-to-one check-ups, and a weekly pub quiz. We are supportive of flexible working arrangements, such as compressed or extended hours and remote working. We continue to encourage the personal and professional development of our team, such as external skills training and qualifications.
We are seeking an Accounts Assistant to support our Group Accountant with accounting and bookkeeping processes across the Finance For Sustainability group companies.
Accounts Assistant role and responsibilities:
- Issuing sales invoices
- Processing payments
- Reconciling bank statements and accounts payable/receivable
- Preparing payroll data
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns
- Expenses reconciliation
- General administration
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
- Experience working with accounting software (preferably Xero)
- Evidence of bookkeeping skills through relevant experience or qualifications (for example, AAT accounting or bookkeeping qualifications)
The ideal candidate for this role is:
- Well organised with keen attention to detail
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Collaborative in their working style
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Interested in environmental and social topics
- Seeking to develop their professional skills and progress in this role
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and able to work from our offices in Vauxhall (subject to government guidelines around working from home due to COVID-19).
Until further notice the recruitment process will be conducted remotely. Selected candidates should expect to attend any interviews over videoconference and, if successful, may be required to start on a “work from home” basis, subject to prevailing government guidelines.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.