This is a unique and exciting opportunity to provide research and campaign support to the Founding Directors of the Environmental Justice Foundation. EJF is a leading international organisation working to protect natural environments, wildlife and defend basic human rights.
The Campaigns Assistant will provide essential campaign support to the Directors by undertaking research, writing, communications and outreach across all of EJF’s programmes. EJF’s work focuses on oceans, marine biodiversity and an end to illegal fishing and ‘seafood slavery’; climate, ‘blue carbon’ and mangrove forests; sustainable fashion; and wildlife trade.
This is a challenging, fast-paced and varied role demanding meticulous attention to detail, creative thinking, an ability to quickly grasp new issues, and a ‘can do’ attitude. The CA will have superb interpersonal and communications skills including excellent research and writing abilities, and a proven ability to quickly produce polished written documents. The CA will be ambitious with a strong commitment and determination to help deliver EJF’s vision to Protect People and Planet.
This is a unique opportunity to work exclusively with the Directors, gaining exceptional experience, skills and insights within this international organisation. The role offers an unusual level of career development for the right person looking to excel and make a strong impact in international conservation and human rights.
- Lead research across multiple issues, including new opportunities and developing campaign projects; research will include scientific, socio-economic, legal/policy and other areas that can be applied to campaigns and projects.
- Produce high-calibre communications materials including campaign briefings and reports; web-copy and blogs; speeches and presentations on behalf of the Directors.
- Support research into the target audiences and contacts for campaign outreach; and maintain the detailed contacts history on behalf of the Directors.
- Represent EJF in external meetings and events with policymakers, industry, NGO and other expert or public audiences as requested by the Directors.
- Provide research and communications support to EJF’s special events and partnerships, helping to engage the public and public figures, industry and policymakers.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Degree-level education
- Demonstrable relevant research experience
- Outstanding research skills, intellectual and academic rigour. An ability to compile information make it easily accessible to multiple audiences (including non-expert).
- Ability to learn quickly and apply information to the specific needs of the campaigns and projects.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills with a meticulous attention to detail, precision and accuracy.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Understanding that change is not easily won, but worth winning.
• Private healthcare
• Generous pension rising with each completed year of service• Generous personal leave entitlement increasing annually
• Home working 1 day per week
• Unique opportunities for career development within a high-impact international organisation
Applications: please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No other communications please.
First interviews will take place by video conference with the Directors in June 2020.
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
EJF is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.