This is a rare opportunity to become a Climate Campaigner with the Environmental Justice Foundation, a leading environmental and human rights organisation.
This leading role will develop EJF’s campaign to secure a zero-carbon future and protect natural ecosystems, wildlife and human rights by focusing on disinvestment in fossil fuels; and investment in renewable energy and in other sectors that have the potential to rapidly decarbonise our world.
This role is for you if you are looking for an ambitious and exciting campaign position and share our determination to protect our planet from the climate crisis. We are looking for an experienced, determined and highly motivated campaigner with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role. You must have outstanding research and analytical skills, communication and campaign skills; you will have a creative mind able to turn strategic goals and ideas into action and long-term impact; you must be a superb public speaker and communicator, who can inspire audiences and influence change amongst public, corporate and policy audiences.
This is a challenging but hugely rewarding and exciting role, with opportunities for career growth. It is the role for you if you have the passion and determination to make a difference for people and our shared planet.
The role will:
- Research, investigate and analyse the major companies that are investing in fossil fuels (including banks, pension and investment companies); and the moves towards more sustainable energy production and investments in renewable energy.
- Develop a clear overview of major government/public and private sector initiatives and the opportunities to use film to document the financial solutions to the climate crisis.
- Produce written materials (including for digital platforms and the media) and support the creation of campaign films and communications messages.
- Lead advocacy and facilitate liaison with the private sector, governments and the public towards zero carbon and reductions in investment in the fossil fuel industry.
- Apply creative thinking to identify strategic priorities and ensure that EJF adds-value and can respond rapidly to new opportunities and challenges.
The Climate Campaigner will:
- Have a minimum of 4 years professional experience within a relevant sector.
- Be educated to degree or post-graduate level in a relevant discipline.
- Be an outstanding researcher and superb writer able to produce materials that are rigorously fact-checked and accessible to diverse audiences
- Be a confident and persuasive communicator with strong inter-personal skills and a flair for public speaking.
- Be reliable, determined, creative, positive and resourceful; able to work alone or within a dynamic small team.
- Private healthcare package
- Contributory pension increasing according to length of service
- Generous holiday entitlement, extended leave at Christmas, one personal day per year. Leave entitlement increases by 2 days for each year of employment
- Work from home one day per week (after completion of 6-month probationary period)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity for career development and new skills
Reporting to: EJF’s Executive Director who will agree the strategy and workplan.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.