Full Time - 34.5 hours a week
Epilepsy Action is a national charity that exists to improve the lives of everyone affected by epilepsy. We are seeking an experienced supervisor to play a vital role in the effective running of our busy helpline service, which provides advice and information to over 10,000 people a year.
Each week our helpline team provide hundreds of people with epilepsy the support they need to live better with epilepsy. We also help families of people with epilepsy and people who work with or care for people with epilepsy.
In this important role, you will:
- Provide day-to-day supervision of the helpline team and be there to debrief after a difficult call.
- Support the advice and information officers by quality checking the advice they provide and giving constructive feedback.
- Work with the Advice and Information Services Manager to plan rotas and timetable daily helpline cover.
- Provide regular helpline cover and give advice and information by phone, email and social media.
- Play an active role in recruiting and training new team members.
- Help research, write and review our advice and information resources.
You should have experience of helping people with long-term medical conditions to make choices and take appropriate action, often when facing challenges. You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will need to be able to find, understand, and disseminate complex information. Also, you will function well under pressure and be able to prioritise your own work and that of the staff team.
The post will require you to work some evening and Saturday shifts, for example, to cover annual leave. The service is open until 7pm Monday to Thursday and from 10am to 4pm on Saturdays.
In return, we will offer you great flexible working conditions, a range of employee benefits including a contributory pension plan, which is available to you from the day you start and a commitment to develop your skills and provide necessary training.
For a full description of our requirements and information on how to apply, please visit our website via the Apply button.
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 15th February 2021 (9.00am)
Telephone Interviews: 23rd February 2021
Zoom Interviews: 2nd March 2021
Epilepsy Action is a Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from disabled people.
We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria in the person specification. Please show how you meet the essential criteria in the supporting information section.