The role of the Individual Giving Manager is to increase giving through direct marketing and to deliver high quality stewardship and donor care to the Society's range of supporters.
The Individual Giving Manager reports directly to the Fundraising Director and will work closely with other senior managers in the fundraising, marketing and communications teams.
The postholder will develop supporter development and retention strategies. You will lead an exciting new programme of cultivation and stewardship for Epilepsy Society's valued donor base to support the charity's intention to achieve an ambitious step change in income generation to support its work.
This role will also work alongside marketing colleagues to help shape an innovative new digital marketing programme to recruit new supporters. The postholder will also have the opportunity to shape our communications with donors with creative input to a regular mailing programme to engage supporters.
You will line manage a small team with the potential to grow this alongside income growth in the coming years.
The postholder will have experience in managing donor stewardship programmes, and would have held a similar role within a donor care or stewardship team for at least two years.
With a range of direct marketing in place, you will be working on a mix of appeals, lottery campaigns, a membership scheme, payroll giving, legacy marketing and donor acquisition projects.
Donor Acquisition and Stewardship
- Develop and deliver an integrated Individual Giving programme for donor acquisition, retention and upgrade utilising all channels including email, text, social media, website, direct marketing and events - in order to increase net income, the donor base and lifetime value of our donors.
- Develop and project manage a 'donor journey roadmap' to build relationships with existing, lapsed and potential supporters ensuring the Society's donors feel valued at every step in their journey with us from a welcome pack to retention approaches.
- Develop new packages and products for prospect and donor acquisition and engagement - working with agencies where appropriate.
- Develop and deliver engaging and effective fundraising propositions and creative approaches for use in campaigns which build on approved cases for support.
- Take responsibility for direct marketing appeals, membership activity, payroll giving and in memory gifts.
- Implement a new legacy programme working with the Director of Fundraising.
- Track, manage and report on all Individual Giving programmes with donor insight, tracking and conversion rates etc.
Marketing & Communications
- Working with the marketing and communications teams, draft and deliver marketing materials for Individual Giving to increase supporters engagement and loyalty.
- Track and report on ROI of marketing activity to feed into strategy and future programmes of work.
- Ensure all materials adhere to the brand guidelines of Epilepsy Society.
- Ensure all relevant tracking and financial information is kept up to date on Raisers Edge.
- Manage the ongoing reconciliation processes with the finance team on a monthly basis and at year end.
- Meet annual targets set by Director of Fundraising to meet the overall team targets set by the management team.
- To monitor plans and targets and produce reports and financial forecasts.
- Ensure the charity achieves best value for money by keeping costs to a minimum through negotiation with suppliers and regularly reconciling costs against budget.
- Take the lead on monthly gift aid claims - maximising gift aid wherever possible.
- Provide robust figures and commentary for monthly management reports and campaign reporting.
Management of Staff
- To take responsibility for the recruitment, induction, training and development of Individual Giving staff (Fundraising Officers/Assistants).
- To identify the skills of individual team members and ensure their skills are developed through practice and training which will achieve the Individual Giving objectives.
- To monitor and evaluate the performance of individual team members and of the team as a whole to ensure maximum effort is being directed to achieve set objectives as effectively as possible.
- To undertake regular reviews and appraisals to ensure that expectations of staff are clear and that they have clearly defined goals and objectives.
- To assess future personnel requirements and include these in plans for the development of the team.
Contribution to the Fundraising Strategy
- To be responsible for updating databases and supporter information systems on a regular basis in line with GDPR legislation and policy and procedures to ensure all records are up-to-date and accurate.
- To actively participate in regular department and team meetings, contributing to strategy, discussions and decisions which will be beneficial development of fundraising activities.
- To work closely with other senior fundraising team members on areas of overlap.
- To work with all colleagues to ensure that Individual Giving plans are integrated and co-ordinated with existing fundraising.
- To liaise with Epilepsy Society Communications teams to ensure that there is clear communication on all matters relevant to Individual Giving Activities
Other areas of responsibility
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Maintain and develop positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders providing expert advice and support.
- Identify new opportunities for development and keep up to date with developments in the sector.
- Any other non recurring duties as required.