The Foodbank are recruiting.
Are you interested in working with us, helping people in poverty? Our current staff are moving on after many years.
Responsible for: Administrative tasks needed to support the running of the Epsom & Ewell foodbank and its various projects.
Salary: £12.75 an hour
Hours: up to 30 hours a week (days may be flexible)
Based: Ewell. However, we are aware at this time working from home could be an option and there may be times in the future when working at home is more appropriate.
Overall responsibility of the job: ensure that all admin is completed so that the teams have all they need to run the foodbank and its projects to the efficient and high standard required, in accordance with Trussell Trust franchise model and statutory requirements.
Specific responsibilities / Main duties:
Reporting to Foodbank Project Director
- Bring to the attention of the Project Director any concerns regarding the day-to-day operation of the foodbank centres for Epsom & Ewell foodbank
- Deal with day to day issues in the office: ie phone, emails and visitors
- Liaise with the rest of the team around any needs of the week
Trussell Trust compliance
- Ensure all foodbank centre processes and procedures are followed as per The Trussell Trust Foodbank Operating Manual
Foodbank centre outlets & volunteers
- Organise the volunteer rota for one-off events
- Support the training of the volunteers to undertake responsibilities within the foodbank centre and to meet the relevant legal requirements
- Monitor health & safety at the foodbank centres and maintain records
- Support the project leads with any administration that needs doing
- Work with the office manager around co-ordinating social media and updates
- Work with the Project Director to develop new initiatives as and when required
- Ensure all completed red vouchers, e vouchers and packing lists are handled discretely, stored securely and entered on to the data collection system
- Add up and put donation weights of food on to database, especially the relevant supermarkets
- Access statistics from reports on database when required
- Communicate with referral agencies in response to queries or issues arising from vouchers presented by clients at the foodbank centre
- Ensure agencies are stocked with vouchers and add new agencies as required
- Ensure signature sheets and information are up to date
- Support an annual client survey to review the foodbank and its services to identify ways that could be developed and improved
- Ability to be flexible and respond to demands in a fast pace changing office
- Ability to deal with fluctuation demands of administration
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft) and social media awareness
- Ability to work as part of a team but also independently and unsupervised
- Honesty and integrity
- Empathy and ability to work with people from disadvantaged, marginalised, or socially excluded backgrounds
- Passionate about tackling poverty
Training - all relevant training will be provided
Epsom & Ewell Foodbank is a project part of the Ewell Christian Trust charity founded on Christian principles. Not every member of the team is a Christian, and we welcome applications from all members of the community.