We are looking for a Team Leader to join our Floating Support service providing independent living, community and personal care and support to vulnerable adults and children in RBKC and Westminster, including people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs and those affected by the Grenfell Fire disaster.
Equal People mencap work to enable everyone we support to access, participate in, contribute to and influence their local and wider community. You will be expected to model and promote our person-centred ethos and values, positive risk-taking approach and ensure everyone is treated with dignity and respect, is in control of the decisions about their lives and their support and enabled to move towards their personal aims and goals at their own pace.
You will take lead responsibility for our children's support services Staying Healthy Together Project funded by BBC Children In Need. (to Summer 2022)
You wil be accountable to:Supported Living Manager
The role will be mentored by EPM Chairman
- Att the direction of the SLM to manage the staff team and Floating Support, Self-Direct support IB service. To ensure each service user has person-centred support to develop and act on their positive behavioural support plan.
- To take a lead with monitoring, reviewing and developing Equal People mencap’s support services to vulnerable children and young people.
- To facilitate and eable a network of community support approach, engaging professionals, volunteers, carers, advocates and families in providing a variety of choices, opportunities, experiences and learning to each child.
- To be part of the 24 hour on-call emergency rota, providing support to service users and staff as required.
- To provide effective day to day management and leadership to the Floating Support staff team. To provide support, supervision, appraisal and management to the staff in partnership with the Supported Living Manager. To promote and monitor a person centred approach on an ongoing basis.
- To offer support for individuals in line with their wishes and agreed support risk assessments and learning programmes.
- To take a lead in assessing new referrals as directed by the Supported Living Manager. Helping new individuals to plan and move into their accommodation and plan, action and record the support needed. Void management.
- To Manage Equal People mencap’s Staying Healthy Together Children’s support project funded by BBC Children In Need. To ensure support and activities are provided in line with the stated project outcomes, records made and monitored and reports completed.
- To ensure the safety of all individuals through ensuring up to date DBS registration for all staff and volunteers, ongoing safeguarding training and awareness of adherence to Equal People mencap’s safeguarding policy and procedures and national legislation.
- To manage the budget for the service, monitoring spending and reporting appropriately. To coordinate benefit claims and check individuals receive the benefits to which they are entitled To liase with the Finance Officer over rents and arrears, petty cash and individuals money monitoring and recording.
- In partnership with the Supported Living Manager to lead team meetings and to build and maintain a positive team work approach with other managers and staff across the service . To attend and fully contribute to other organisational meetings.
- To service the Floating Support Advisory Group.
- To assess, manage and monitor the health and personal safety of individuals and staff and staff in line with the Care Quality Commission requirements, the Care Act (2014) relevant legislation and Equal People mencap’s Policies and Procedures.
- To plan, action and monitor staff rotas, clients support timetables
- To liaise with other agencies on behalf of individuals and the organisation. To support individuals in meetings.
- To monitor and maintain the physical standards of the accommodation we manage. Receive reports of repairs from individuals and co-ordinate the maintenance on their behalf with the housing association.
- Use initiative and judgement to prioritise and organise own workload within agreed objectives.
- To develop and maintain productive relationships with individuals, families, colleagues and statutory and voluntary bodies and to assist others to develop these.
- Through supervision and appraisal meetings identify own training needs and attend appropriate training courses
- Directly and through staff, assist and enable individuals to articulate and action their wishes and aspirations. To identify support needs, and ensure these are met
- To carry out regular assessments and coordinate and implement support plans.
- To record any agreed ‘extra care’, providing, reports, assessments and timesheet records promptly and accurately.
- To help individuals become established and active members of the community and to maintain and develop friendships.
- To help individuals maintain and develop life skills and to move on if they wish.
- To keep full records of work and write reports to a standard set by the agency.To seek out individuals feedback on support and the service and act on this. T
- To undertake shared responsibilities for the out of hour’s on-call rota across Equal People mencap services.
- To work contracted hours within the hours required by the service. Hours are flexible to be able to meet the needs of individuals. Evenings and week-ends and sleep ins (as cover may be required).
- To read, understand and follow procedures, guidance and policies of the organisation. To be involved in the review of these.
- To take on any further responsibilities within the Supported Living Management team as necessary, including deputising for other team leaders or the Supported Living Manager as instructed.
Our Person specification for the role includes:
Experience and Training
- Two year of experience of work with people with Learning Disabilities, Autism &Differing Behaviour, Mental Health - E
- Experience of project management, Self Direct support IB - E
- Experience of developing new services, Self Direct support IB - E
- Experience of supporting people with more complex needs E
- Experience of networking E
- Training/qualification in social work/housing management/or other relevant area of expertise - D
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of the Care Act, Safeguarding and Supported Living, CQC legislation, including risk assessment and health and safety, - E
- Experience of person-centred and outcome focussed work - E
- An understanding and commitment to the ‘Personalisation’ of support services - E
- Supervisory experience - D
- Excellent communication skills - E
- Experience of management and monitoring of housing budgets - D
- Ability to develop and monitor policies and procedures - D
- Understanding of the mental health needs of people with learning disabilities - D
- Computer skills - E
- Self motivated and able to use own initiative - E
- Leadership. A good team player able to motivate staff to act confidently on their own initiative - E
- Full commitment to the empowerment of people with learning disabilities, and user involvement. A person-centred approach -E
- Commitment to equal opportunities policy and practice - E
Please submit your CVs to the email supplied. Closing Date 31st July. Interviews w/b 7th August (may be online vis Microsoft teams). We will contact shortlisted staff and ask you to complete an application form prior to iterview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.