Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Salary Scale: NJC SCP 24-28: £27,905-£31,371
Benefits: Flexible working, occupational maternity pay, occupational sick pay, individual training budget, 5% pension.
Based at our head office in St Neots
The post-holder will oversee the management and delivery of our programmes of work with young people, including monitoring and evaluating the work and reporting to key stakeholders. The role involves the management of a small team of Youth Education Officers, who deliver EqualiTeach’s work with young people and create activities and lesson plans. The postholder with lead on this creation and assure quality control in the delivery of all EqualiTeach’s products and services for young people. The post-holder will support the team through the delivery of workshops and events with young people.
The post involves travel throughout East England and London and occasional national travel.
Background to EqualiTeach
EqualiTeach is a nationwide not-for-profit equality and diversity training and consultancy organisation, which inspires and empowers people to create equal, diverse and inclusive environments where everyone feels safe, valued and able to succeed.
Our vision is of an equal, inclusive and diverse society where everyone is valued and able to succeed.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion training for governors, teachers and support staff
- Interactive workshops with young people
- Production and updating of policies, strategies and guidance documents
- Production of training and educational resources
- An online audit tool, showcasing schools’ commitment to equality
- Managing EqualiTeach's programmes of work with young people, including monitoring of progress against targets, evaluating the impact of projects and reporting to funders
- Managing a small team of Youth Education Officers
- Assuring the quality of EqualiTeach’s work with young people, enabling the team to deliver consistently high-quality, on brand workshops
- Leading on the creation and implementation of new workshops and activities for young people
- Delivering workshops and events on issues of equality with young people
- Contributing to the general administration, well running and development of the organisation
Knowledge and Experience
- Significant knowledge and practical experience of project management
- At least two years’ experience of staff management
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders
- Experience of teaching or delivering educational workshops with young people
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities to ensure that objectives are achieved and deadlines are met.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively manage individuals and teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate level IT skills in standard Microsoft packages
- High levels of enthusiasm and motivation
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- Experience of working in the field of equality, diversity and inclusion
- Knowledge of the education sector
EqualiTeach is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds
To apply please complete an application form and equality monitoring form
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Monday 14th October
Interviews will be held in St Neots on Wednesday 23rd October
If you have any questions, or need any further information about this post, please don't hesitate to contact us.