WaterAid is looking for an Equality, Inclusion and Rights Advisor to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Working within the Programme Support Unit in International Programmes, the Equity, Inclusion and Rights Advisor will:
- Champion the principles of human rights, equality and inclusion in WaterAid, and develop capacity of WaterAid staff on a rights based approach to equality and inclusion,
- Ensure WaterAid plans, programmes and guiding documents reflect our position on a human rights based approach to equality and non-discrimination.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with other organisations and networks that can work with WaterAid to promote equality and inclusion in WASH to share experience and improve practice.
To be successful, you’ll need to be
- Deeply committed to the application of the principles of a human rights based approach to equality, non-discrimination and inclusion in international development work, with relevant practical experience.
- Knowledgeable about current issues in international development, especially in relation to water, sanitation and hygiene
- Experienced in facilitating learning between practitioners and championing change at the organizational level.
By 2030 we want everyone, everywhere to have clean water and sanitation. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
Disabled people are particularly encouraged to apply.
Working with us, you will be entitled to a wide range of employee benefits, such as an exceptional pension fund, medical cash plans, an employee assistance programme, generous annual leave and Save As You Learn schemes, as well as fitness and lifestyle programmes.
Please note: in order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
This vacancy will end one minute before midnight on the closing date specified. No recruitment agencies please.