Senior Support Assistant
Senior Support Assistant / Care Worker
Permanent, Full Time
Are you looking for a senior support role which offers development, meaningful and rewarding work?
We have an exciting new opportunity within our care and support team seeking a Senior Support Assistant to join our supported living services. In this key role, you will work across two of our homes, one is based in Thundersley, and the other is in Billericay.
The hours will include 7.5-hour shifts over 5 days (this will include, early, late, waking nights, weekdays, weekends, and bank holiday shifts) on a 4-week rolling rota but with flexibility to work between the two locations. The salary equates to £12.50 per hour.
You will support the residents by offering person-centred support and a choice of daily activities to provide a fulfilled and meaningful quality of life. This includes all aspects of daily living, personal care, tenancy management, and community involvement.
There is also a focus on assisting the Service Managers to ensure our Support Assistants are effective in their role and ensuring Estuary’s values, policies and procedures are effectively delivered.
Our services do require 24-hour support and staff are expected to work some bank holidays and weekends, flexibility can be discussed at interview stage. This role will support more than one of our services.
In return for your commitment, we offer an excellent benefits package, including a cash health plan which supports your everyday wellbeing and makes treatments more affordable alongside 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holiday allowance) and an additional day for birthday leave alongside our competitive pension scheme.
Your responsibilities will include:
· A person-centred approach to assessments, support planning, decision making and the achievements of service for the people we support goals and outcomes.
· To ensure a multi-professional approach to risk assessments for people we support.
· To ensure that target outcomes for all people we support are monitored and that progress in achieving those outcomes is regularly evaluated.
· To participate, plan and implement with the Care & Support department in ensuring regular resident involvement.
· To be responsible for ensuring Support Assistants are completing accurate and appropriate records and administration within the service in line with Estuary’s policies and procedures and other legislative requirements.
· To assist the Service Manager in ensuring that deployment of staff meets the assessed needs of the people we support at all times.
· To organise and facilitate meetings, including those for relatives, advocates, and professionals for people we support relevant to their needs.
· To organise and facilitate regular staff team meetings.
· Work with the manager to monitor agency spend, and ensure you are within budget setting.
You are required to have the following:
· Level 3 adult care qualification (or willing to complete this qualification).
· Knowledge of the regulators and legislation that govern our services and an understanding of where to find this information.
· Understanding and promoting the needs, rights equality and diversity of the people we support of people with disabilities.
· Previous experience working in supported living services. Commitment to always delivering excellence in customer service.
· Excellent organisational skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills.
· The ability to communicate effectively orally, in writing, electronically with colleagues, interested other professionals and the people we support.
If you are keen to make a difference in this senior support role, and if you can work with a team to encourage change and innovation to deliver care and excellence this could be the job for you.
Please apply as soon as possible as you may be contacted sooner for an interview so if you have the attitude and skills needed to excel in this role, apply today!
Estuary has a value-based recruitment policy which means our selection process is aligned with our core values of Excellence, Care and Innovation - this ensures that, when recruiting,
we find the right person with the right values and expected behaviours for the job, who will strive to provide excellent services to the people we support. This supplements our requirements for essential and desirable skills, knowledge and abilities for each role.
Safeguarding & Recruitment
Estuary is committed to safeguarding and practices safer recruitment standards and expects all staff to share the commitment to safeguarding children and people with care and support needs. The successful applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Estuary Housing Association we are committed to embedding diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work and everything we do. We aim to be an inclusive organisation, where individual differences are respected, where staff, people who use services, as well as their families and carers, are treated with dignity and on the basis of their merits, abilities and needs, and where everyone has a fair opportunity to fulfil their potential without suffering discrimination or disadvantage.
This post is also subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Closing date 13th December 2023