Ethex is a multi-award-winning retail impact investment platform that brings together the best positive and ethical savings and investment opportunities to make it easy for everyone to #makemoneydogood. On our platform, individuals can invest in and save with UK businesses that are promoting causes they believe in – whether it’s fighting climate change, reducing poverty or building resilient communities. In 2017, we launched Energise Africa, offering people a chance to fight climate change by investing in pioneering businesses that install life-changing solar home systems in sub-Saharan Africa.
Since 2013, Ethex and Energise Africa have raised £100 million of investment for over 100 impactful organisations from more than 20,000 positive savers and investors. We are a leading innovator in the field and this role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to be part of an organisation at the cutting edge of making positive investing mainstream.
Ethex Investment Manager
The Investment Manager will help to identify new sectors within which there is a need for social investment and help to develop UK opportunities to bring to the Ethex platform. Additionally, the Investment Manager will be responsible for helping to critically assess and perform due diligence on new products prior to listing including funds, and equity and debt products. The Investment Manager brings additional rigour and strength to our organisation particularly with knowledge of financial markets and products.
In detail, the Investment Manager will:
- Work with the Senior Business Development Manager to build a strong pipeline of projects that are suitable for listing
- Critically assess and perform due diligence on new products prior to listing
- Identify new sectors within which there is a need for social finance and help to develop opportunities to bring to the Ethex platform
- Develop key partnerships with social financial intermediaries and partners
- Work to commercialise different products and attract the right investors to particular products including securing match funding for projects.
- Help to design innovative products for investees in order to attract retail investment.
- Help to create investment templates for new products
Key Skills and Experience
This role requires an individual with a high level of financial and analytical ability, strong communication skills, a positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a small team.
- Degree educated (preferably with a focus on Finance/Maths/Statistics/Economics)
- Excellent financial knowledge and the ability to critically assess complex financial models
- Minimum of 3+ years of work experience in the public/private sector, for example in social investment sector, investment banking but could include charity or development sectors etc
- Knowledge of experience in green finance, including climate finance, green bonds, relevant project finance and impact investing is interesting but not essential
- Excellent ICT skills, specifically high-level proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel (preferably the ability to create macros)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a small team in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Must look for solutions to problems rather than just an identifier of issues
- Ability to organise and prioritise work and meet deadlines
- A commitment to social and environmental issues.
- Analytical approach and an ability to apply this commercially
- Able to show initiative and look for ways to improve existing processes
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict timelines and manage multiple priorities
- We want to create a positive impact and make a difference in the world.
- We love helping communities, social entrepreneurs and businesses in innovative ways
- We aim to provide excellent customer service and treat all our investors fairly.
- We are a dynamic, professional and knowledgeable team with a friendly, can-do attitude.
- We are a small team that likes delivering big impact.
What it means to be part of the Ethex team
- You can work with mission-driven, happy people and help grow an award-winning fintech social enterprise.
- Visit some of the social businesses we are supporting to see a positive impact on the ground.
- Put forward awesome projects that we should be raising investment for.
- Enjoy flexible working hours if it works for you and us.
- A good amount of holiday plus some extra days around Christmas when we close to have a rest.
- Statutory pension scheme
- Plenty of bike racks to stash your bike
We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values for making a positive impact in the world and making money do good, you will find a home at Ethex. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or personal circumstances, please feel free to let us know in your application, or contact us separately to discuss.
Please email your CV and a covering letter specifically telling us why you should be our number one candidate marked "Investment Manager" by January 4th 2022 for consideration. Please include your salary expectations but remember folks, we’re a social enterprise.
Please send your CV plus a covering letter stating why you should be our number one candidate
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.