Do you have experience of providing administrative support? Are you organised, flexible, motivated and with an excellent eye for detail? Do you have good communication and relationship building skills at all levels and can maintain discretion at all times?
If you have answered yes to the above then you might be our next team member!
Ethiopiaid is a small international development charity based in central Bath. Our focus is on raising funds in the UK to support our trusted partner organisations in Ethiopia. Each year over £2m in grants are given.
Our partners deliver grassroots projects to support the vulnerable and marginalised, focusing on maternal health, harmful practices, education, disability, welfare, gender based violence and emergency relief.
It is our aim to work towards seeing an Ethiopia without preventable poverty, in which every person enjoys the right to quality education, healthcare and a life of dignity.
Outline and Purpose of Role
This is a new role which will provide administrative support to the CEO, as well as support to the Finance Manager.
This position will be based at our office in Bath with some flexibility for home working. The successful candidate will be required to work 24 hours per week and this must include Fridays to ensure that we have adequate office cover. The remaining hours/ days to be agreed.
This is a great opportunity for someone with the right skills looking to get some experience in the charity sector, or for someone looking for a part time flexible role.
You must be highly organised, have excellent attention to detail, be able to manage multiple projects and work under your own initiative.
We are a small and friendly team, passionate about the work we do. We look forward to welcoming someone who shares our values.
Main areas of responsibility:
Supporting the CEO
- Provide admin support to the CEO including organising meetings, taking minutes and producing documentation in a timely and precise manner.
- Liaise with the CEO and Chair of the Board to organise meetings, produce agendas and supporting papers for trustee meetings and the AGM
- Book all travel arrangements including M&E trips to Ethiopia e.g. flights, accommodation, scheduling partner visits
- Respond to and resolve a range of queries, channelling to the most appropriate area as necessary or screening politely, leaving the CEO to concentrate on important matters
- Updating important HR documents such as the staff handbook and trustee induction documents.
- Preparing or typing correspondence and research as and when requested
- Ensuring relevant records are kept up to date in the Raisers Edge database (e.g. trustees, partner organisations, stakeholders)
Supporting the Board
- Respond to all requests from the Chair in a timely manner
- Sending information and documents as necessary
- Scheduling meetings
- Preparing the Chair’s presentation at the AGM
- Support with organising Trustee induction and ongoing training
Supporting the Finance Manager
- Support the Finance Manager with admin support as required
- Organisation of invoices in preparation for sign off by CEO and Chair
- Support the delivery of financial processes and procedures as directed by the Finance Manager
- Financial data entry
- Assist the Finance Manager during month end, year end and the yearly audit.
- Ensure the efficient running of the office including liaison with external contractors (fire, alarm, cleaner), utility meter readings, servicing of office equipment etc.
- Ensure monthly fire drills are undertaken and documented
- Organise refuse collection and recycling
- Organise the cleaner
- Supporting the team with adhoc jobs during busy periods. This could include answering the phones, opening post, data entry, proof reading etc.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office software - Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- A positive can-do attitude
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to work with numbers and pick up financial processes quickly
- Ability to manage a busy and varied workload
- Logical thinker with excellent problem solving skills
- Polite, professional interpersonal skills and able to relate to people at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Discrete and able to work confidentially
- Commitment to promoting equality and diversity
- You do not need a degree - just the right set of skills and positive attitude!
- Experience of, or an interest in, fundraising and international development
- Experience of using a database (e.g. Raisers Edge), Office 365, Sage, Teams, Zoom
- Minute taking experience
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter stating why you think you are the right person for the job and what you will bring to our team.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.