Be at the heart of our small friendly team as our new administrator.
Ethiopiaid has worked in partnership with local grassroot organisations in Ethiopia since 1989. Our focus is to raise funds in the UK to support our partners in Ethiopia who work with vulnerable people and communities. We raise over £2.5m from individuals, grant makers and legacies.
The partners we support deliver programmes in maternal health, FGM, opportunities for women and girls, education, disability, palliative care and GBV. We also support partners during times of emergency.
It is our aim to see an Ethiopia without preventable poverty, in which every person enjoys the right to quality education, healthcare and a life of dignity.
The post of Fundraising Administrator will provide database and general admin support across the Individual Giving team.
We are seeking someone who ideally has experience of working in a busy office environment, who enjoys communicating with donors, and with good attention to detail. You must be highly organised, able to manage multiple projects and able to take the initiative. Experience of managing data, importing and exporting data from a database would be ideal.
This is an opportunity to be part of a small, friendly team who are passionate about improving lives in Ethiopia.
- To be the first point of contact in ‘supporter care’ for the charity – dealing with incoming calls, emails, post etc.
- Work with the FR Officer to ensure all donations are acknowledged and donors thanked in a timely manner
- Ensure accurate records on the database
- Delivering excellent donor care at all times
- Collect post from our PO BOX in Bath on a weekly basis and process as necessary
- Timely data processing in the Raisers Edge database e.g. contact details, gift aid declarations, actions, consents etc.
- Support the FR Officer with weekly banking of all donations
- Work with the Individual Giving team to deliver the all appeals by providing database support (importing income, house files, mailing lists, inputting appeal codes etc.)
- Manage flow of data between Ethiopiaid and our fulfilment and mailing houses
- Work closely with our external database consultant
- Work with the Snr FR Officer to deliver a cycle of donor consent renewal letters
- Work with suppliers as required
- General database housekeeping e.g. de-duplication of records, corrections,
To support the financial health of the charity
- Process credit card donations ensuring compliance with GDPR
- Batching of donations on the Raisers Edge database
- Banking of donations received into the office
- Support the Finance Manager with reconciliation of income from different channels
- Supporting colleagues with adhoc jobs and special projects as needed
- To work at all times in compliance with the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Practice and data protection legislation.
This role will be based from our Bath office with the opportunity to work from home part of the week, to be agreed.
- Experience of working within a Fundraising, Communications, or Supporter Care environment
- Proven ability to manage own workload, conflicting deadlines and deliver to targets/objectives
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to inspire supporters and communicate the difference their support makes.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Excel, but also Word, Powerpoint and Outlook)
- Experience of an in-house database, preferably Raisers Edge
- High standard of numeracy and literacy
- Experience of the charity sector
- Experience of dealing with Gift Aid donations and online fundraising platforms
- MS Teams
- Raiser’s Edge database
- Experience of, or an interest in, International Development
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you believe you are the right person for this role. Please note that applications sent without a covering letter will not be considered.
Deadline: Applications to be received no later than midnight on Monday 20 December 2021
Interview Date: Interviews will be held on via zoom on Tuesday 4 January 2022
Start Date: ASAP
This position is open to UK residents with the right to work.
Applicants must submit a covering letter explaining why they feel they should be our fundraising administrator. Any CV's receievd without a covering letter will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.