About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 280 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
About the role
As an Administrative Assistant, you will report to and provide day to day administrative support to the UK Programme Director, the UK Programme Team and the Power Transition Programme Director as well as taking care of the office management tasks.
Support to the UK and Power Transition Programmes:
- Manage diaries and schedule meetings;
- Organise travel arrangements and bookings;
- Support in-house and off-site events;
- Support the UK programme and the UK team;
- Coordinate catering and facilities set up for meetings and events;
- Handle the processing of invoices and expense reports;
- Assist with Power Point, Outlook and other applications/programmes.
- Welcome visitors, dispatch phone calls, manage incoming and outgoing post;
- Act as primary contact person for the landlord and the subtenants;
- Order office supplies, furniture and groceries;
- Manage the office budget;
- Manage the office floor plans;
- Liaise with building management and external providers to ensure upkeep of the office;
- Understand and be able to help with the VC systems in the meetings rooms;
- Support the UK based staff and visitors;
- Onboarding and other simple HR tasks;
- Support organising Major organisational events taking place in the UK;
- Support celebrations and organise team events;
- Carry out a diverse set of administrative tasks.
Experience and competencies
- You have 1-2 year’s relevant experience in an administrative function;
- You have a strong interest in climate and the environment;
- You consider yourself to be a completer/finisher and you have strong attention to detail;
- You are a proactive and enthusiastic team player, but also able to work independently and to be discreet;
- You have strong problem-solving skills with a positive, can-do attitude;
- You enjoy juggling various tasks and you are able to prioritise effectively;
- You enjoy working with numbers;
- You computer literate and are at ease with the MS Office suite;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
What we offer you
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A full-time temporary 1-year contract (possibility to be extended).