About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) is a major philanthropic initiative working to help tackle the climate crisis by fostering the development of a net-zero emission society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 300 partner organisations to carry out activities that drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement, contribute to the public debate on climate action and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
The ECF is brings together diverse perspectives and backgrounds to find the best innovative solutions to tackle climate change. We are focusing on engaging and hiring great people from a wide diversity of backgrounds to strengthen the cause. If you share our values of respect, innovation, and collaboration, join us!
About the role
As Grants Officer, you will be part of the Grants Officers team and report to the ECF Director Grants Management. You will support 3-4 programmes, platforms or projects. You will ensure consistency of approach and compliance with the internal processes. You will serve as the liaison between the programmatic work and the Finance department.
You will support the different programmes in their grant-making activities:
- Due diligence on new and existing grantees;
- Generate all grant requests in FLUXX, ECF’s internal grant management system;
- Monitor budget and follow-up the grant contracting stage;
- Support programmatic teams with budget planning processes and ensure reconciliation between planning budgets and the FLUXX system.
- Monitor grants through review of grant reporting (financial and narrative reporting);
- Handle grant payments in close relation with the Finance department;
- Monitor grant closing activities;
- Assistance with preparation of reports to funders;
- Support teams with usage of core systems and tools;
- Other related administrative tasks related to the grant management process.
Experience and competencies
- You have 2-3 years of experience in an administrative and financial role;
- You have a genuine interest in the ECF mission and values;
- You are computer literate with good knowledge of the MS Office and excellent knowledge of Excel;
- You are comfortable working with new software;
- You have experience in budget oversight and planning;
- You have an eye for details;
- You have impeccable ethics;
- You pride yourself in delivering high quality output within ambitious timeframes;
- You like to engage with various stakeholders and you have a customer-oriented approach;
- You understand the importance and value of teamwork, but you are also comfortable working autonomously;
- Excellent command of English and fluency in other European languages are an advantage;
- Above all, you have a friendly and open personality.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A full-time position.
Preferred locations: Berlin, London or Brussels
Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for the work location in case applicable.
How to apply
Please upload your CV and a short cover letter (both in English) at this link: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/europeanclimate/jobs/grants_officer_15352/en/
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.