The Development Relations Senior Manager (DRSM) identifies, explores and cultivates opportunities with the goal of primarily increasing the number of gifts and diversifying the donor base with foundations, major donors and non-health corporations. S/He will be expected through research, networking opportunities, relationship building and outreach (including being available for travel in Europe and globally) to develop new opportunities for EURORDIS and be the lead on new foundations and major donor contacts. The DRSM would also follow leads for developing other revenue generating activities depending on the opportunities which are presented.
The DRSM will report to the Chief Operating Officer and work directly with the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer and Strategic Projects Director to develop funding opportunities. The DRSM will work across staff and departments depending on priorities and opportunities which arise. Though the DRSM works collaboratively with corporate relations, healthcare fundraising is managed in a separate portfolio, as are European projects.
Motivated to work at an NGO and committed to our cause, the DRSM meets targets with organisations and individuals in line with EURORDIS’ values, and is committed to building long term sustainable partners. The DRSM cultivates relationships and searches for funding which fit EURORDIS’ Strategy, Mission and annual Action Plan. The DRSM maintains a quality, ethical and transparent approach based on best professional practices and aiming at highest standards.
The position is recruited for EURORDIS’ Paris Office (though Brussels and Barcelona offices to be considered).
Candidates must be able to travel up to 30% of their time on average to meet contacts with travel in European cities (primarily Brussels and Barcelona) as well as the United States and other parts of the world.
The main scope of this post includes:
- Identify new potential donors and sources of diversified funding (individual, foundations, and non-health corporate)
- Set up, plan for, and attend meetings with potential donors, involving other members of EURORDIS staff or volunteers as appropriate
- Cultivate and steward relationships with potential donors (new and ongoing) as well as foundations
- With COO and Strategic Projects Director, look to align funding opportunities with our unfunded strategic priorities and develop compelling proposals for support
- In collaboration with the Events Director and other relevant colleagues, source ideas and develop creative concepts for a new special fundraising event, replicable and scalable to grow over time.
- Work closely with leadership, directors, and project leaders across EURORDIS to:
- Write case statements and answer grant opportunities
- Communicate new and current project developments to prospective funders
- Develop marketing literature and improve online fundraising content
- Write reports for donors for cultivation purposes and as required for foundations grants.
- Meet annual diversification targets. The ambition is to build on our current € 400 000 of diversification in 2021, to reach € 1 M by 2023 and 20-25% of overall income by 2025.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for EURORDIS and a strong commitment to its mission, including its advocacy activities, community building and collaboration.
- Be an active team member supporting other staff members in their activities and targets
- Participate in EURORDIS events and activities
Experience & skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years’ professional experience in non-profit organisations or equivalent business setting with a demonstrable track record in cultivating and managing foundations and major donors and successful special events.
- Autonomous and highly driven: results and deadline oriented
- Strong business sense with negotiating skills
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder
- Multi-tasker; able to work under pressure; capacity to handle day-to-day management; good organisational skills.
- Personal and professional integrity
- Enthusiastic and flexible team player with skills in relations including: relationship building, strategic planning, verbal and written communication, organisational and time management abilities
- Ability to work with several operational team members and project leaders with varying backgrounds, building a donor acknowledgement culture internally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite – high level in Donor database and reporting a plus
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communication skills is a must.
- Good level in French desirable; other European languages a plus.
- Applicants must have a valid working permit for France
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.