Do you have a passion for events and the ambition to make a difference?
The Events Assistant role is a fantastic opportunity to gain world class, hands-on experience working on some of the country’s leading charity events. In the fight against cancer, every moment counts and with our scheme you’ll play an integral role in the successful planning, PR, delivery, logistics and marketing on some of the largest events in the UK such as Shine, Pretty Muddy, and our hugely successful flagship series Race for Life.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals to...
* Support our events team to develop and deliver inspiring events
* Take responsibility for key areas of the event delivery including; crowd control, course management, event administration and volunteer management
* Manage some operational responsibilities including setting up and dismantling equipment
* Support the delivery of regional events marketing and communications activity to recruit event participants and volunteers
Here at Cancer Research UK, we aim to save more lives by preventing, controlling and curing cancer. We’re game changers.
Join us and help pioneer more tomorrows through your....
* Passion for events and events management
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport with a range of people and the confidence to manage large groups of volunteers
* Proactive attitude, responding positively to new opportunities and challenges, with the confidence to make quick decisions
* Strong organisational and prioritisation skills with the ability to multitask
* Strong team work skills, with the ability to work on your own initiative
Our aim of curing all cancers leads us to be increasingly ambitious, which is reflected in our fast paced and diverse environment. This means that you will be self-motivated and committed with an ability to think logically as well as creatively.
In this exciting and challenging role, you’ll work with our events teams to develop and deliver an inspiring event series, designed to engage supporters and maximise income for our pioneering research. You will gain experience in all aspects of event management and in managing time-pressured projects, building confidence, communication and relationship management skills. Many of our former Events Assistants have gone on to secure permanent Event Management positions.
Join us and work within the highest performing Events Team in the UK. Apply Today!
Closing date: Friday 10th February 2017
In order to apply for this role, please click on the ‘apply’ link above which will take you through to our Events Assistant landing page. From here, you can specify which area you'd like to apply for and this will direct you to our careers site where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a series of short questions exploring your suitability for the role.
Please note: an assessment day for this role will take place during the week commencing 20th February 2017 in the region you’re applying to, and compulsory training will take place on 3rd and 4th April 2017 – it is essential that you can attend both the assessment day and compulsory training days on these dates. Unfortunately, if you cannot attend, we are unable to accept your application to this post.