The successful candidate will be working for a small, dynamic and unique charity who enable disabled people to access all forms of digital technology. This is done through assessment and the development of technology as well as providing accessible video gaming sessions using the latest technology.
The role of this job is primarily to provide a 10 month maternity cover for an existing post. However, there may be scope to extend the contract if you can develop a revenue stream that would sustain the extra position.
The post is for 36 hours a week and involves hybrid working, split between home and our centre in Sale and flexible hours of working where possible.
Due to the unique nature of our charity’s work, we do not expect applicants to have knowledge in assistive technology and so the successful candidate will be given overview training in specialist areas in order to support your role. The post will be expected to deliver the following 4 areas:
- Sourcing and delivering new funding streams – from corporate and public sources.
- Plan and implement our annual fundraiser Game Together. Producing marketing materials, recruiting fundraisers, secure sponsorship, updating communications such as website, social media etc., create fundraising packs and deliver the event.
- Look into and implement new fundraising ideas
- Liaise and maintain relationships with the charities supporters, funders and grant givers
- Assist the Fundraising Officer with submitting grant applications
- Assist the Fundraising Officer with reporting on successful grant applications
2. Engagement and communication
Engage with new and existing audiences that would:
- Benefit from Everyone Can’s services and tailor our support based on their needs
- Fund Everyone Can’s services and contribute to our financial sustainability
- Liaise and maintain relationships with families and carers of our service users.
- Promote and demonstrate the charity’s work, services and impact to service users and funders
- Attend promotional events and networking events when needed
- Coordinate and produce marketing materials such as leaflets and posters
- Manage all social media platforms creating engaging daily content
- Update and amend the website with any news stories
- Create case studies for service users we have helped
4. General administrative tasks
- Responding to any charity enquiries via email and phone
- Schedule upcoming gaming sessions using Event Brite
- Register new service users at gaming sessions
- Collate feedback when needed
- Take photos of service users to use for marketing
You will also (only with agreement of General Manager):
- Support service personnel when required
- Carry out other duties to help the running of the charity
A successful outcome for this post would demonstrate a steady increase in both service uptake and income. The increase in income should see the charity being more financially stable by building on existing revenue streams already in place. There may be an opportunity for the contract term to be extended if an increase in income can be generated and shown to be sustainable.
Reporting directly to the General Manager of the trust, the post will be instrumental in communicating the benefits that our services offer disabled people, in order to gain and retain support from funders, both new and existing.
The role requires a self-motivated person with the ability to organise their own workload effectively.
- Excellent relationship builder with experience of organising business and third party fundraising events to generate income, as well as being able to demonstrate an organisation’s impact to a variety of audiences to generate interest and uptake in its services.
- An ability to create successful and engaging fundraising initiatives and events. Be able to demonstrate your ability to grow income within new fundraising channels.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to motivate both yourself and others. Be able to recruit, organise and support community volunteers if needed, to deliver organisational objectives.
- There will be a need to work one evening a week. Weekend working and overnight stays may rarely be required so you will be able to plan your time effectively. Have access to a car and a valid full driving license.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage a busy and varied workload.
- Good relationship building and networking skills
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills
- Ability to work within a small team
- Experience in delivering a fundraising campaign
- Must have experience in corporate fundraising and supporter engagement with a good understanding of the donor journey
- Experience in producing marketing and communications materials on brand, with excellent writing skills for a variety of media, both printed and electronic
- Knowledge of social media
Desirable skills and experience
- Knowledge of assistive technologies
- Knowledge and experience with Salesforce
- Experience of disability issues
- Experience with Adobe illustrator and/or Photoshop
- Knowledge of the gaming industry
Contract length: 10 months with possibility of being extended
Application deadline: 30/01/2022
We request a covering letter to be included with your C.V. detailing why you feel you would suit the post.
Interviews to take place on the 7th and 8th of January and attendees will be expected to give a short presentation (topic of presentation will be provided on offer of interview, shortly after the close of applications).
Expected start date ideally would be late February 2022
Job Types: Full-time maternity cover
Salary: £26.000 to £29,000 per year, pro rata depending on relevant experience
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.