The Eveson Charitable Trust is looking for a part-time Grants Assistant to support the Chief Executive and the Trustees. An independent funder, the Eveson Trust awards over 300 grants a year worth approximately £2.5 million in Herefordshire, Worcestershire and the West Midlands and has long-standing relationships with many of its beneficiary charities.
The role is part of a team of two staff and the successful applicant must be comfortable working in a small team and carrying out a range of tasks from servicing meetings to reviewing grant applications.
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Contract: 6-month temporary contract with possibility of permanent employment
Hours: 18 hours per week worked over 3 days Tuesday to Thursday 9.00 am to 4.00 pm. (Full time equivalent 35 hours)
Salary: £22-25,000 p.a. pro rata
- Experience of grant-making.
- Educated to degree level or qualified by experience
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal. Confident in written business communications.
- Strong IT skills, confident in the use of MS Office and experience of complex databases, use of spreadsheets and email.
- Accuracy and high attention to detail
- Analytical and research skills
- Good organisation skills
- An ability to stay calm under pressure
- A bright and positive attitude
- Willing to do basic practical jobs to support the effective functioning of the office.
- Able to work independently and with integrity.
Applicants invited to interview will also be asked to complete a set of computer-based tasks as part of the assessment process.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.