Counselling Clinical Services Manager
Clinical Services Manager
Permanent, home based
Reporting to CEO
Part time - 15 hours per week, during normal 9am - 5pm business hours
Salary £36,400 FTE (£15,600 pro-rata)
Evolve is a Cambridgeshire based charity, founded in 1978 which provides affordable counselling to adults in Cambridgeshire and surrounding counties. We deliver talking therapies to adults – online and in person. The Evolve counselling community is made up of around 50 - 60 qualified practitioners working part-time. Our service delivers around 500 counselling sessions per month to a broad range of individuals, many of whom would not otherwise be able to access counselling support. Evolve also provides supervision, reflective practice, critical incident support and mental health awareness and related training to organisations.
The Clinical Services Manager works with our counsellor members and executive team to ensure that Evolve is the local counselling charity of choice. They are responsible for the clinical leadership of our counselling and related services to clients, and for supporting, motivating and managing our counsellor members.
The successful candidate will be an appropriately qualified and experienced individual who has leadership experience, with the ability to engage with a range of people, including colleagues, trustees, and other stakeholders, including counselling clients and organisational contacts. They will have demonstrable experience of delivering a high-quality service in line with ethical standards and good practice, monitoring and evaluating impact and outcomes, as well as identifying and implementing, alongside other members of the executive team, service development/improvement initiatives. They should also have a good understanding of the commercial considerations of managing a counselling service.
- Overall responsibility for incoming referrals and allocations as well as ongoing management of clients and any waiting lists.
- Monitor the balance between counsellor capacity and client demand.
- Provide leadership and support to the counselling members.
- Be the first point of contact for clinical advice and enquiries.
- Ensure the quality of provision to clients and the care of counsellors.
- Lead review of existing, and writing of new, clinical policies and procedures to ensure compliance with charity standards as well as ethical and legal standards.
- Ensuring that any risk issues are appropriately managed and escalated.
- Oversee counselling members health and safety including lone working and risk assessment.
- Manage and respond to complaints in line with charity procedures.
- Monitor, implement and ensure clinical service compliance with GDPR standards.
- Report monthly on clinical service performance and attend Trustee Board meetings as required.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, identifying, planning and implementing service enhancements.
Training and development
- Ensure that all counsellors have the appropriate training, experience and specialist knowledge required to support Evolve clients, including identifying training and development needs.
- Manage the recruitment of new counsellors, including interviewing potential new members as well as clinical induction and training of new counsellors.
- Oversee the membership annual renewal process, ensuring all members are compliant with Evolve requirements.
Monitoring and impact analysis
- Take responsibility for client feedback, ensuring comments are reviewed and acted on as appropriate.
- Compile reports and impact analysis as required.
- Work alongside the executive team to represent Evolve and promote awareness of Evolve’s services along with the importance of mental health awareness and support. Provide clinical input to funding proposals and/or new service developments.
- Build and maintain effective external professional networks within Evolve’s operational areas.
- Work closely with the Administrator to ensure all data regarding members and clients is up to date, appropriately recorded and in line with Data Protection guidelines.
- Provide input to Evolve’s website and social media presence, suggesting and writing content for posts as required.
- Ensure effective partnership working with those charities and other organisations with whom Evolve collaborates.
The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to carry out such other duties as required from time to time which are broadly consistent with the status of the post within the charity.
Education, Qualification and Training
- Minimum level 4 qualification in Counselling or Psychotherapy.
- Diploma in Clinical Supervision, or equivalent experience.
- BACP accreditation (or equivalent).
Essential skills and experience
- A minimum of five years post-qualification clinical experience.
- Extensive experience of recruiting, leading and motivating a diverse team of counselling practitioners, including providing clinical support, reviewing performance and project/change management.
- Significant experience Clinical Supervisor, supervising qualified counsellors on a group or individual basis.
- Extensive knowledge of the legal and ethical frameworks that relate to the counselling profession.
- Considerable experience in safeguarding individuals and management of clinical risk.
- Strong professional and clinical judgment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a diverse team, whilst retaining the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including presentation skills and the ability to build positive relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable understanding of the charity sector, including those affected by mental health issues.
- Excellent IT skills including use of MS Office.
- Experience in the use of a clinical case management system, including analysis and presentation of clinical data.
- The ability to be flexible and respond reasonably to the needs of the charity.
Desirable skills and experience
- Knowledge/experience of statutory mental health services.
- Clinical leadership experience in more than one organisation and across modalities/specialities. · Experience of providing clinical input to successful fundraising bids.
- Knowledge of the local community, including a willingness to represent Evolve locally as required.
Apply by 14th October 2023
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.