Senior Support Worker
Closing date: Monday 21st September 2020 at 23:59
Aim of the role: To support and empower our customers to increase their life skills
Location: Croydon- Adult services
Salary: £24,720 per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week. Working on shift which is 5 days a week over a 7 day rota, including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
As part of your employment package with us, we offer:
- a competitive salary, comprehensive training and development programme,
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing each year to 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays after 5 years
- option to buy or sell annual leave up to one week’s annual leave
- a health cash plan providing cash back towards healthcare bills and other wellbeing benefits
- occupational sick pay
- contributory group pension scheme
- free life assurance
- cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan
About the Role
You will support the people we work with, our customers, to reach their potential and improve their quality of life through aspirational goal setting. You will engage with and empower them to:
- Identify their strengths as part of our asset-based approach and identify their needs, opportunities, rights and responsibilities
- Plan what they want to achieve and take appropriate action
- Take part in activities and opportunities that generate aspiration and confidence
You will act as the link between the people we work with and a range of local authority and community and voluntary sector providers. You will also act as shift lead as well as coaching and supporting colleagues as required.
As well as having experience of supporting vulnerable people to achieve independent living, you must have a clear understanding of why people become homeless, and the needs and challenges they face.
You will be required to take on a caseload of customers, with responsibility for key working, co-ordinating support packages and proactively ensuring all required tasks and activities are completed.
You will provide coaching and guidance to your colleagues to assist their professional development.
You will be part of a dedicated and supportive team, and so will need to demonstrate a positive and inclusive approach. You must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and be competent in the use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel applications.
About Evolve Housing + Support
Evolve is a leading homelessness charity in London, providing housing and support to over 2,000 people each year.
We believe in building on people’s strengths, aspirations and goals to help break the cycle of homelessness and help them move forward with their lives.
We offer a programme of support tailored to meet people’s individual needs, including housing, employment and skills training, mentoring and counselling. We work with young parents and children at risk of exclusion to build the skills and resilience that can help prevent homelessness. We campaign to end street homelessness. We build affordable homes to help people move on to an independent life.
Our mission is to help children, young people and adults who are homeless or at risk of homelessness reach their potential, and move on to live happy, fulfilled lives.
Evolve Housing + Support is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community, including people who have experienced homelessness themselves.
Please ensure that your answers give a clear outline of how your application meets the criteria for this job.