Evolve HR Consulting are delighted to be supporting the UK’s leading charity in its field in their search for a Head of Fundraising.
Are you an experienced and dynamic leader of a fundraising or sales team? Do you have the track record of achieving a high level of success in either charity fundraising on a national basis, or have been successful in sponsorship, sales, business development, account management or similar role outside of the charity sector? Are you driven by stretching targets and can you motivate and drive a team to achieve those? Then this could be the opportunity you are seeking.
Our client is a pioneer in its field. They have led the way in their sector for a quarter of a century and are recognised by all as being innovators, drivers for change within the sector and are an organisation that creates and sets the standards.
- work with the Chief Operating Officer to develop and set with the approval of the charity’s finance committees annual fundraising targets and work plans that are ambitious yet planned to achieve.
- be the lead officer sourcing, developing and sustaining increased corporate and major donor funding through your own work, intelligently and effectively networking and landing major deals and collaborative partnerships that are sustainable and contribute to achieving the charity’s strategy jointly through long-lasting relationships and planned joint working;
- lead and manage our small and goal-focussed fundraising team, setting clear smart goals and pace to enable them to succeed, using agile working practices (such as stand-up meetings, training, sprints, retrospectives);
- ensure the fundraising team understands and is articulating charity strategy and funding need in ways that are accurate and energised, with a cutting edge fundraising tool kit (for example, fundraising policies, proposals, presentations, pdf brochures, etc.);
- monitor and evaluate the pipeline, funds, relationships and work of team members, ensuring you have the systems and protocols in place to do this effectively; report progress and challenges to the COO and assist them to forecast income to the CE;
- horizon scan, and stay abreast of developments in the charitable sector, and work within your team to prepare proposals for innovation for consideration by directors;
- embed a cross-team fundraising culture for all staff, enabling them to identify and pursue fundraising opportunities whatever their role and with the support of the fundraising team;
- work closely with the CEO, COO and other managers to provide leadership to the organisation as a whole, being a champion both internally and externally for the charity and its vision and strategy and values, and contributing to the improved implementation of the charity’s plans through provision of ideas and thoughts.