Do you have experience of working with children and young people and do you understand the challenges they face? Are you passionate about empowering young people to have their voices heard?
If so, you could be part of an exciting new project that brings positive change to young people’s health and social care services in Gloucestershire.
Healthwatch Gloucestershire is the county’s independent health and care champion. We exist to make sure that local health and social care services are shaped by the people who use them. We want to ensure that children and young people from across the county are listened to and heard by those responsible for health and social care services in Gloucestershire.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Youth Engagement Officer to lead our new Young Listeners project. You will recruit, train and support a team of 10 volunteer Young Listeners, to design the project and engage with other children and young people through a peer-to-peer approach. It will be a varied and interesting job and no two days will be the same.
We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic people-person, with a can-do attitude, who will enjoy being part of a small and dynamic team.
In return we offer 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, a generous contributory pension scheme, comfortable office accommodation in Quedgeley and flexible working practices.
If this sounds like you, please visit our website for more information.
Alternatively, if you are interested in working on this project as a consultant, please get in touch.
About the role
The Youth Engagement Officer is an exciting and important role to engage young people across Gloucestershire. The role will lead an exciting new Healthwatch Gloucestershire Young Listeners project which aims to ensure the voice of children and young people in the county are listened to and heard by the people who buy, plan and run health and social care services in Gloucestershire . A team of 10 young people will be recruited to become Young Listeners who will then go out and engage with and listen to other young people on a variety of topics. The post holder will recruit, train and support the planning and delivery of activities to engage other young people in Gloucestershire. The post holder will work with the wider Healthwatch Gloucestershire team to deliver the project.
You will be required to:
- Project manage the project
- Recruit, train and support a team of 10 Young Listeners
- Work with the EC Communication team to design materials – logos, leaflets and images – to promote the project
- Identify opportunities for Young Listeners to carry out engagement working with groups and organisations across Gloucestershire
- Work with the Young Listeners to design their own engagement activities and data collection methods
- Provide support to the Young Listeners to carry out a minimum of 100 listening’s
- Analysis the data to identify key messages and recommendations for commissioners and providers.
- Work with the Young Listeners to report on their findings, e.g. video, audio presentation.
- Produce final report
- Monitor the project and on a monthly basis provide an update including case studies as required
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.