Evolving Communities is looking for a creative, experienced, energetic and enthusiastic PR Communications and Marketing Lead to devise effective communications plans and approaches that increase the impact of our engagement and drive brand awareness to support a wide range of community engagement activities across the South West.
We are looking for an excellent communicator, who has a track record of planning and delivering successful integrated campaigns using the full communications mix. You’ll have extensive experience in writing compelling copy to engage our audiences, whether that’s content for a press release, social media, an email to stakeholders or a printed flyer.
The successful candidate will be able to translate complex issues into an easy to understand format and will have excellent project management skills, including the ability to consider resource, budget and risk.
You will also be custodian of the Healthwatch brand, ensuring consistent use across all platforms in terms of look, image, identity and messages.
This is a great opportunity for someone keen to make their mark in a small team where their skills and experience can be used and developed to make a real difference to people across the South West and put Evolving Communities firmly on the map.
Main duties and key responsibilities
Marketing and Communications
Reporting to the CEO, you will:
- Develop and implement new marketing, communications and digital media strategies.
- Source case studies, content for monthly press releases, monthly e-bulletins and websites for all local Healthwatch areas which Evolving Communities delivers.
- Source and write content for thought leadership blogs for Evolving Communities and devise business to business marketing campaigns to drive new business.
- Liaise with local, regional and national media to pitch story ideas, arranging interviews and advising staff members on media relations.
- Deliver creative and engaging social media, marketing and email campaigns as well as help support the Communications Officer and team Admins with daily social media activity to engage existing communities and reach new audiences.
- Work with the staff team to develop clear and effective communication and marketing plans for individual projects and work-streams.
- Look at innovative ways to generate new business through effective marketing and communications plans and campaigns.
- Write Creative Briefs for external designers and photographers and liaise with these suppliers.
- Look for video opportunities, advising staff members on suggested filming topics and events.
- Promote upcoming projects, surveys and opportunities to get involved as well develop disseminations plans to inform local people of the outcomes of completed work.
- Liaise with the staff team and volunteers including children and young people, to design accessible and engaging marketing materials, including brochures, leaflets, website updates, newsletters, email campaigns, Impact reports and our bi-annual mini magazine Highlight.
- Work with the staff team to produce high quality reports and written materials including press releases, case studies, annual reports, digital content and infographics.
- Build on and develop relationships with local media to help raise the profile of our Healthwatch’s and their work.
- Line manage the Communications Officer with the daily operation and further development of the Evolving Communities and Healthwatch websites including creating new sections, pages, surveys and interactive content.
- Use analytic tools to monitor website and social media performance (e.g. Google Analytics).
- Look for innovative ways to engage local communities and seldom heard groups.
- Work closely with the staff team to promote engagement events across Evolving Communities and Healthwatch contract areas.
- Be responsible for promoting and producing publicity for our events and campaigns.
Team working and line management:
You will work as part of a small team and be willing to be flexible and adaptable in order to deliver our business. You will be line managed by the CEO. We aim to involve volunteers throughout our organisation, and you may be asked to provide supervision for volunteers involved in our marketing and communications activity.
- Work closely with the Chief Executive and all other members of staff and share good practice and learning
- Keep up-to-date with latest PR industry news plus be aware of health and social care policy developments
- Promote and raise awareness of Healthwatch areas
- Provide monitoring information as required in an accurate and timely manner
- Work collaboratively with other local Healthwatch organisations where appropriate
- Support the Communications Officer with quarterly evaluation reports for local commissioners.
- Undertake any reasonable tasks, responsibilities and activities as requested by the Chief Executive in order to ensure the smooth running of the organisation
- Maintain personal and professional competency and appropriate development.
- Participate in regular one-to-ones and appraisals as per Evolving Communities policy.
- Act at all times within the rules, policies and procedures of Evolving Communities including data protection.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out with due regard to the diversity and within an Equal Opportunities Framework.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.