SumOfUs is recruiting! We are searching for an Executive Assistant in the UK to support our Executive Director, Hannah Lownsbrough, who leads our global organisation. In this role, you will work closely with Hannah to organise her schedule and support her with administration.
Who we are
SumOfUs is a not-for-profit organisation, with a team of 30+ people in 10 countries. We mobilise over 10 million people around the world to hold corporations accountable. We aim to build an effective, diverse, and talented global team. We're passionate, low-ego, and fun to work with!
What you’ll do as part of our team
The position will definitely include:
- Managing Hannah’s calendar, and scheduling meetings;
- Managing travel processes, including travel itineraries, bookings and expenses; and
- Administrative support for Hannah.
The position may additionally include:
- Handling Hannah’s correspondence from time to time;
- Attending and preparing for meetings, including collecting agenda items, coordinating with participants, and taking notes of meetings;
- Providing occasional administrative support to other members of the Executive team.
Skills and experiences
We have no formal education requirements, but all roles at SumOfUs require you to be:
- Comfortable in fast-moving work environments;
- Dedicated to building a fairer and more sustainable global economy;
- Comfortable using email, and digital communication tools such as Skype and Microsoft Office;
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace culture.
And, this role in particular will require you to be:
- Experienced in similar EA or PA roles, with at least 2 years’ experience assisting a senior leader;
- Very organised in time and project management, with attention to detail and excellent prioritising skills;
- An excellent communicator, naturally builds strong relationships, and communicates with others clearly, proactively, concisely and promptly;
- Discretion, able to handle sensitive information diplomatically and with the utmost respect for confidentiality;
- Based in London or Sheffield UK.
Other skills and experience that would be nice to have
- From or experience working closely with communities affected by corporate power -- such as low-wage workers;
- Proficiency in major world languages other than English – especially French, German or Spanish is an asset;
- Experience in remote working environments.
This is a part-time position for 3 days per week or equivalent hours. The ideal candidate will start late and work until 6pm on at least 3 days of the week to overlap with colleagues on the west coast of the US.
Salary is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of experience, seniority, and the living costs of where you live.
If you live in Sheffield, the salary range is £23,154 - 30,015 pro rata. If you live in London, the salary range is adjusted for higher living expenses to £27,000 - 35,000 pro rata.
We offer significant benefits, including:
- the ability to work from home or a co-working space,
- flexibility to set your own hours,
- five (5) weeks’ holiday leave per year,
- additional paid-sick leave,
- paid parental leave, and
- opportunities to travel.
How to apply
Applications close Friday 24 February 2017 at 5.00pm GMT. Please apply through the Application Form on our website.
Please note that this job is based in London or Sheffield, and candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.