Are you a strong and inspirational leader committed to developing and delivering the strategic vision of a charity?
Executive Recruit is recruiting on behalf of the Woodlands Hospice Charitable Trust, which is a registered charity dedicated to providing hospice care for the people of North Liverpool, South Sefton and Kirkby in Knowsley. The charity is committed to delivering the best possible practice and development of Specialist Palliative Care for people with life-limiting illnesses and complex needs. At every stage of your illness, the charity honours a patient’s right to dignity and respect by aiming to improve the quality of life for patients and their families.
We are looking for an outstanding person, who passionately shares the values of the organisation and has the ability to lead the charity into a new phase of development. The new Chief Executive will make their mark at a crucial time when there will be ample opportunity to make a real and lasting contribution.
- Lead, develop and deliver on the Hospice Charitable Trust strategic vision.
- Take responsibility for overall leadership, management, performance, governance and development of the Hospice Charitable Trust.
- Take responsibility for the efficient, effective and safe running of the Hospice Charitable Trust, ensuring the organisation meets its professional financial, statutory and legal obligations.
- Work with Woodlands Hospice clinical and organisational leaders to support the continuous improvement of specialist palliative care services for patients and their families.
- Be an ambassador for the Hospice Charitable Trust, representing it, and building strong relationships with stakeholders including NHS, corporate and individual supporters and the media.
- Support Woodlands Hospice CQC Registered Manager in meeting fundamental standards of quality and safety under the Hospice CQC Registration, ensuring patient and family services meet or exceed regulatory standards.
- Undertake continual personal development to maintain professional registration and to keep pace with developing needs in hospice care and the charitable sector as well as individual needs.
- Oversee all Human Resource issues for staff including disciplinary, capability issues, sickness absence management taking the most senior role in accordance with HR policy e.g. dismissals, final stage sickness.
- Overall responsibility for developing and implementing the Financial Strategy (Income and Expenditure) in conjunction with the Board of Trustees, setting and agreeing the financial budgets.
- Develop existing and build new income streams and financial controls which can protect the financial security of the Hospice Charitable Trust.
The new Chief Executive could come from a range of relevant backgrounds, but will need to hit the ground running in terms of charity/healthcare sector experience and knowledge.
- Significant experience as a Senior Manager, Assistant Director, Chief Executive or CEO.
- Experience of working in the charitable sector that offers the breadth and depth of knowledge required to meet the demands of the role.
- Demonstrable experience of strategic planning.
- Experience of influencing key stakeholders.
- Experience of networking with potential partners and experience of business development.
- Experience of financial management at organisational or department level.
- Experience of leading, implementing and thriving on major change – both cultural and organisational.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and developing organisation.
- Professional or Management qualification to degree/post-graduate level.
If you are keen to make a positive difference in improving the quality of life for patients and their families, then we would love to hear from you.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV by applying to this advert. If your experience is deemed suitable you will be sent an application form to be considered for further review.