Exeter Community Initiatives is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Project Worker to join its Transitions project. Transitions aims to help vulnerable adults to improve confidence, connect with others and find strategies to become more resilient and independent. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to facilitate groups and support relationship building.
- Contribute to the promotion of the project to staff and clients from the relevant agencies
- Contribute as needed to the recruitment, training & support of a team of active volunteers to support the project
- Contribute to the processing of applications from potential clients, assessing their needs and suitability for the project
- Undertake case work as directed by the Project Coordinator
- Support the process of matching clients with volunteers and supervise the relationship throughout its duration
- Contribute to the facilitation of group workshops and the development of content, activities & self-help resources
- Contribute to the facilitation and development of social & peer support opportunities for clients
- Support the collection of monitoring data for the project and contribute to the reporting & evaluation processes as directed
- Contribute to the wider development of the service, e.g., geographically, targeting different client groups and exploring possible new initiatives
- Be aware of and follow ECI policies and procedures, with particular attention to safeguarding, health and safety, and equality and diversity
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.