Exeter Community Initiatives is looking for an experienced, skilled manager required to implement and manage a new city-wide Voluntary & Community Sector Support Service in Exeter that uses an Asset Based Community Development approach to help groups develop and become more self-sustaining. Flexibility, good people skills, an understanding of community dynamics and barriers to engagement and how to overcome them, is essential.
- Recruit, lead & manage a team to deliver VCSSS in line with the delivery plan
- Ensure that the team have the values, skills and understanding in practice to deliver to work in an Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) way
- Manage external consultants and partnership contracts where particular expertise is needed, including the sub-contract with Locality
- Advise and support the City Council with the development of the Exeter Grants programme
- Support the City Council to identify and leverage in external funding to support the Exeter Grants Fund
- Support Key Networks and Fora and stimulate the formation of new ones as appropriate
- Work with key partners, elected representatives & other stakeholders to ensure local relationships are managed in a positive and constructive way
- Oversee the development and delivery of training to residents and groups on a range of topics relevant to organisational development
- Lead on communication and marketing of VCSSS for ECI including web and social media presence
- Keep appropriate records, implement monitoring & evaluation systems and ensure outcomes are measured & reported for each area of work
- Monitor expenditure on staff team and activities
- Proactively contribute to ECI vision, planning and policy making
- Be aware of and follow ECI policies and procedures, with particular attention to standards of customer service, health and safety, and equality and diversity
ECI are committed to safeguarding and this post requires an enhanced disclosure.
This is a permanent post, subject to funding.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
ECI is a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and positive about mental health
ECI is a registered charity number: 1026229
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.