How to apply
Administrator - Development & Alumni (Graduates Welcome)
Are you looking to gain industry experience after completing your degree? Do you have great MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills?
If so, this is a brilliant opportunity to increase your knowledge in a range of disciplines with a leading school.
Who will I be working for?
Exeter School is an independent educational organisation for pupils aged 7 – 18. Our strong links to the local community, well-established pastoral care systems and fantastic teaching enable us to challenge, inspire and deliver the very best learning to our students.
We’re now looking for an Administrator to join us on a 12 month contract which has the potential to extend and provide support to our Alumni and Development Officer.
What are the benefits?
- Salary of £17,550 per annum
- Access to our well-equipped gym and weights room
- Use of our indoor swimming pool (which is extended to your family during the school holidays)
- On-site parking
- Free lunches during term time
- 22 days’ holiday per annum
- An engaging contract that has the potential to become a permanent position
We have a strong focus on learning and development and are committed to creating a stimulating and supportive environment for staff and pupils alike.
You’ll have the chance to increase your experience in a variety of areas, including creating digital content, supporting events, research and analytics, fundraising and managing stakeholders.
What will I be doing?
As an Administrator, you’ll provide a high level of support to our alumni relations and fundraising activities.
In this diverse role, you’ll help to build long-term, positive relationships with our alumni and encourage their support and participation in school life, be that through attending events, volunteering, donating a gift or leaving a legacy.
Additionally, you will:
- Write a range of content, including mass email communications
- Help to update our website and box office information
- Provide support at events
- Help with fundraising by carrying out research and shadowing the Director at donor meetings
- Accurately enter information into the database
What do I need to be considered?
To join us as an Administrator, you’ll need:
- Great MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including via social media, letters and email
- The confidence to speak with internal and external stakeholders, including senior staff, alumni, parents and potential donors
- The ability to work to deadlines and handle competing priorities
A degree level qualification would be beneficial, as would experience of using a relationship management database. It would also be an advantage if you had an interest in education, alumni relations and/or fundraising work.
Other organisations may call this role Graduate Administrator, Admin Assistant, Junior Administrator, Trainee Development and Alumni Officer, Junior Fundraising Assistant, Fundraising Administrator or Alumni Support Administrator.
The closing date for applications is the 4th September 2019. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the 12th, 13th and 16th September 2019.
Webrecruit and Exeter School are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to increase your experience as an Administrator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday