Seeking a motivated, self-starter who is passionate about supporting young people through relationships education.
The Covid-19 pandemic has put relationships education in the spotlight. With many family relationships being put under immense pressure due to the social and economic challenges created by lockdown, it is more important than ever to provide young people with the opportunity to consider what a healthy relationship looks like and what their future relationship ambitions might be.
Explore is a small but established educational charity. We provide young people with the time and space to explore healthy relationships. Our youth-led sessions are facilitated by our specially trained team of Local Development Officers and provide a rare opportunity for young people to ask adults about their experiences of relationships and marriage in order to inform how they might approach creating and sustaining healthy and happy relationships for themselves in the future.
We are seeking a part time (2 days per week during school term time) Local Development Officer to run our Buckinghamshire region. This role will involve:
- Engaging with secondary schools in your region, to promote Explore’s mission and to offer sessions using Explore’s methodology
- Negotiating session pricing with schools, using the guidance provided by Explore
- Coordinating, planning and leading on school session days, including facilitating some sessions, with the support of volunteers and other colleagues where needed
- Recruiting high quality volunteers in your region to ensure sessions can run effectively and to a high standard
- Communicating regularly with existing Explore volunteers in your region to keep them engaged in Explore’s mission and their role within our work
- Reporting to schools, volunteers and colleagues on the impact of each session using electronic feedback requests developed by Explore
- Providing weekly progress reports to your Line Manager, the Operations Manager
Skills, Experience & Qualities we are seeking:
- Experience of working with young people, ideally in a youth work or educational setting is essential
- Experience of influencing and / or negotiating fees for a product or service is desirable
- Experience of working in the educational sector in some form is desirable
- Ability to facilitate, coach, mentor and / or teach is highly desirable
- Ability to connect and engage with young people is essential
- Resilient, with the ability to adapt to unfolding situations
- Personal qualities of patience, integrity and a sense of humour would be an advantage
- Strong active listening skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a remote team
We are an educational charity however our organisational values and culture are aligned to a Christian ethos. Applications are accepted and encouraged from individuals of all faiths and no faith. We would expect the successful candidate to share our values of compassion, kindness, treating others fairly, acting ethically at all times, and being respectful.
This role is part time two days per week during school term time.
This role is home based however the successful candidate will be required to travel to schools within their region regularly and will be expected to attend occasional team meetings / training days further afield.
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH CHARITY JOB BY SUBMITTED YOUR CV (MAXIMUM 2 PAGES) AND A COVERING LETTER (MAXIMUM 2 PAGES) OUTLINING YOUR SUITABILITY FOR THE ROLE.