We work with young people aged 14-17 in schools and youth organisations to help them better understand how to create and sustain positive relationships. We are a small but established educational charity where every member of the team makes a big difference.
We are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about supporting young people with relationships education, and has the following attributes;
- Ability to connect and engage with young people
- Ability to build relationships with partners and supporters
- Experience of influencing and / or negotiating fees
- Ability to facilitate, coach, mentor, train and / or teach
- Experience of working in the education sector in some form (desirable not essential)
You are most likely to be successful in the role if you;
- Have a good sense of humour
- Are resilient and patient, with the ability to adapt to unfolding situations
- Have strong active listening skills and excellent communication skills
- Are able to work well as part of a remote, home based team
The Local Development Officer role involves:
- Engaging with secondary schools, alternative learning providers and youth organisations in your region to promote our sessions
- Negotiating subsidised session fees with schools, using guidance provided
- Coordinating, planning and leading sessions, including facilitating some sessions, with the support of volunteers and other colleagues where needed
- Recruiting new volunteers
- Communicating regularly with existing Explore volunteers to keep them engaged in our work and their vital role within it
- Flexibility with working hours and home working and we don’t work during the school summer holiday period
- We recognise the importance of balance between work and home life and support our team in achieving this
- We invest time developing our team members and have succession planning in place to enable talented individuals to progress into different roles
Applicants must hold a UK driving license and have access to a car for work.
Term time working is possible.
We are an equal opportunities employer and our Equalities Policy is published on our website. We are registered as an education charity and our culture is aligned to a Christian ethos. Applications are encouraged from individuals of all faiths and no faith.
Applications close on 20th August at 7pm. First stage interviews will be held during week commencing 6th September and second interviews week commencing 13th September. Please get in touch if you have any questions or would like to discuss the role, we would love to hear from you.
Please provide CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.