Seeking a leader who is passionate about serving young people through relationships education. The successful candidate will lead a small team of regional leads who run relationships education sessions with 14-17 year olds in schools and other settings.
The Covid-19 pandemic has put relationships education in the spotlight. With many family relationships being put under immense pressure due to the social and economic challenges created by lockdown, it is more important than ever to provide young people with the opportunity to consider what a healthy relationship looks like and what their future relationship ambitions might be.
Explore is a small but established educational charity. We provide young people with the time and space to explore healthy relationships. Our youth-led sessions are facilitated by our specially trained team of Local Development Officers and provide a rare opportunity for young people to ask adults about their experiences of relationships and marriage in order to inform how they might approach creating and sustaining healthy and happy relationships for themselves in the future.
We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager who will report to the Chief Executive and lead our team of Local Development Officers. This role will involve:
- Line management of our Local Development Officers including performance management, personal development and management of all aspects of HR (such as sickness absence management, annual leave management, etc)
- Development of the team including mentoring, planning and leading quarterly team development days and coaching particularly on facilitation skills
- Being a strong and inspiring leader for the team including encouraging a culture of openness, support and innovation, where our beneficiaries are always placed at the heart of what we do
- Financial management of the operations function such as agreeing budgets, budgetary monitoring and control, etc
- Supporting the team with volunteer management including attending regional volunteer gatherings, ensuring volunteer recruitment and management processes are in place and regular communications to volunteers
- Leading on impact and feedback gathering and monitoring, using our established evalution framework
- Supporting the team with their school engagement strategy and planning including support with comms messaging, visiting / meeting with senior school staff if needed, and reviewing regional plans for school engagement
- Acting as a Safeguarding Officer including responding promptly to any issues or concerns reported to you, ensuring safeguarding policy is regularly reviewed and that the team undergo annual refresher training
- Occasionally facilitating sessions in all regions
- Project manage the Explore Youth Panel initiative and any other projects as directed by the Chief Executive
- Provide operational reporting and MI for quarterly Board of Trustee meetings
The ideal candidate will be a capable and inspiring leader with extensive experience of facilitating group sessions with young people. The skills and experience we are seeking are as follows:
- Facilitation skills and leadership skills are essential
- Experience of working with young people is highly desirable - for example this could be in a youth club, as a regional guides / scout leader, or in educational setting
- Experience of managing and / or working with volunteers
- Ability to collate and analyse data / metrics
- Ability to set and manage budgets
- Experience of managing projects
Whilst we are registered as an educational charity, our organisational values and culture are aligned to our Christian ethos. Applications are accepted and encouraged from individuals of all faiths and no faith. We would expect the successful candidate to share our Christian values of compassion, kindness, treating others fairly, acting ethically at all times, and being respectful.
This role is part time three days per week during school term time.
This role is home based however the ideal candidate will be located within the Hampshire area. Exceptional candidates from outside of the area will be considered. The successful candidate will be required to travel to all Explore regions regularly and will be expected to attend occasional meetings in the Winchester area.
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH CHARITY JOB BY SUBMITTED YOUR CV (MAXIMUM 2 PAGES) AND A COVERING LETTER (MAXIMUM 2 PAGES) OUTLINING YOUR SUITABILITY FOR THE ROLE.