The EY Foundation is a charity and a company, limited by guarantee, established in 2014. We were founded by EY, the professional services firm, which continues to provide funding and donations to the charity under a multi-annual funding agreement. We are governed by a board of trustees, who are supported by a number of committees and leadership and management teams.
The EY Foundation helps young people, disadvantaged in the labour market, to fulfil their work potential. We are unique in our position as the link between employers and young people, having strong relationships with both.
Our work involves designing, developing and running our own services: Smart Futures, Our Future and Accelerate, as well as raising independent funds to support new initiatives and reach more young people across the UK. We work with organisations from across all sectors, including commercial, not-for-profit, education and government.
As an independent charity we have to diversify and raise our own income through traditional fundraising, grants and, increasingly, through the development of our work with corporate partners.
Within the Foundation we adopt flexible roles that reflect the dynamic nature of our charity and enable our people to learn, develop and grow their skills and open up career opportunities. This is part of our investment in you.
This role profile provides an outline of what will be involved in your role rather than an exhaustive list of duties. Both you and this role will naturally evolve..
In your role you will be expected to demonstrate or develop leadership competences based on the Foundation’s four key values. They are:
- Growth mindset – increase our impact on more young people through dedication, innovation and hard work
- Empower people – everyone is given the opportunity to develop and to succeed
- Courage – use new learning and diversity of thought to challenge the status quo, embracing lessons learned even if a project misses its targets
- Collaboration – build relationships – internally and externally – to share ideas, embed an inclusive approach, and achieve bigger outcomes.
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, and organised Communications and Engagement manager who will bring ideas, imagination and impact to the way we communicate with and engage target audiences. The postholder will be an excellent strategic planner, project manager, relationship builder and content producer. They will be comfortable engaging with our stakeholders who include corporate partners, EY people, volunteers, young people, and staff.
The work incorporates all areas of strategic communications: including planning and operational delivery of communications projects, stakeholder engagement, internal communications, media relations, events, digital content and other communications-led projects. The ability to balance a complex workload will be essential. The postholder will also have a demonstrable ability to evaluate communication activities against clear, measurable outcomes.
- Responsibility for building and managing our stakeholder engagement strategy. This will include a specific focus on developing and oversee the implementation of engagement plans for key stakeholders, including sector leaders, senior leaders (including across EY), volunteers and programme alumni
- Responsibility for end-to-end campaign development and delivery, from objective setting (based on insight) and measuring impact through to timely production of all elements as part of an agreed plan to deliver the charity’s priorities to measurable effect. This will include harnessing the potential of owned digital media, earned media and paid for advertising.
- Project manage multiple strands of work, including working with external suppliers and responsibility for major projects such as impact report and annual award events
- Communication account manager for priority employer partnerships, with responsibility for creating and delivering joint communication plans
- Support the promotion of the Foundation’s growing influence work, securing media and social media coverage for new reports and thought leadership pieces.
- Build a Foundation communication culture through a joined-up approach to internal comms, evaluation, and communication training.
- Manage contracts with external suppliers, ensuring briefs are delivered to the standard required and on budget.
- Support the Director of Communications to grow the impact of communication activity in support of Foundation’s overall objectives
- Raise capability and confidence of colleagues to produce high quality, consistent content through training, developing templates, and managing resources.
- Deliver high-quality events, from small to large scale, to build engagement across a range of target audiences.
- Work with journalists and other opinion formers to explain the Foundation’s work to develop public understanding of our aims to build trust and enhance the charity’s reputation.
- Grow the awareness and reputation of the charity with external stakeholders, including influential individuals across multiple audiences.
- When required, lead collaborations with other organisations to deliver joint communications.
- Travel as required to support activity, including working out of the different Foundation hubs across the UK
To qualify for this role, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of delivering high impact stakeholder engagement strategies
- Experience of campaign development and delivery, including securing media coverage and social media impact
- Excellent storytelling skills, with an ability to harness social media to bring our work to life.
- Excellent people skills, able to develop strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders from young people on programmes to senior figures across government and business.
- Excellent storytelling skills, with an ability to harness the latest technology to bring our work to life.
- Take an insight driven approach to all activity, continually assessing the impact of content and adapting content design to respond to user feedback.
- Strong face-to-face communicator, able to deliver engaging communication training and support for teams within the Foundation.
- Happy to embrace multidisciplinary work, aligning communications activities across functions against a clear plan.
- Good knowledge of – and passion for tackling – the issues facing young people facing barriers to fulfilling employment.
- Understanding of employment, social mobility, education sectors is desirable, with networks across business, third sector and government.
- Event management in face-to-face and virtual environments
- Fully IT literate, including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and editing software
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.