Facilities Manager, Carney’s Community
Carney’s Community is a London-based charity serving disadvantaged young people aged 11 to 30 in communities in Wandsworth, Lambeth and the surrounding areas. We aim to reduce offending, re-offending and anti-social behaviour whilst improving social mobility and community cohesion. We seek to develop self-discipline, self-esteem, confidence and employability of the young people we support to help them reach their potential.
Carney’s Community’s key objectives are to engage young people in positive and constructive activity (specifically, but not exclusively, boxing) whilst providing intensive, long-term and consistent one-to-one mentoring which offers long term, unprejudiced, unconditional support with empathy. Overall, Carney’s Community believes that by empowering young people through mentoring, participation, focusing on their strengths and learning from each other, they can improve not only their future opportunities, but also those of their local communities.
We are seeking a new Facilities Manager to run the day-to-day operations and functioning of our new centre. The key responsibilities include:
- The day-to-day operating of the centre
- Being first point of contact for users and visitors
- Ensuring the Centre meets health and safety standards
- Promoting and facilitating building use by communal group and corporate organisations
- Line management supervision to other staff (paid or volunteer)
- General admin tasks
The essential qualities of a successful candidate include:
- Knowledge of and empathy with the aims and objectives of Carney’s Community
- A good negotiator and boundary setter able to offer mediation in the event of differences and disputes between Centre users
- Good knowledge of current IT systems
- Excellent and demonstrable organisational and/or administrative skills
- Ability to work unsupervised, pro-actively, and with initiative
- Confident and assertive personality, combined with the ability to carry out duties with good humour, tact and diplomacy
- Experience of managing offices and communal buildings, as well as experience managing hire and rental of premises to different and varying organisations
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and First Aid (training will be offered)
DBS: This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS check
Hours: Full time (36 hours per week)
There will be evening and weekend commitments related to the opening of the Centre. The working hours can be arranged more flexibly by mutual agreement.
Salary: The salary of the Facilities Manager is determined by available funding. Depending on experience the agreed salary is likely to be between £25,000-£30,000.
Contract: Fixed (One year with 3 month probationary period) with the option to extend it depending on funding and the success of the centre
Pension: We will offer a workplace pension in line with the current legislation.
Annual Leave: 28 days including statutory public holidays
Probationary period: 3 months with provision for 3 month extension.
The closing date for applications is November 25th. Interviews will be held in early December.