FACT are looking for a new Lead Instructor to join our team. They will be responsible for leading outdoor activities, co-ordinating & developing the volunteer culture of FACT and; will engage fully in, and nurture the Christian witness and community life of the centre – the core of the Trust’s activities.
Check out the video in our profile to see what past team members have said about working at FACT.
Fellowship Afloat Charitable Trust (FACT) is a lively Christian community where the spirit of adventure and love of Jesus are shared with all who visit our centre. We are based on a converted lightvessel, Trinity, and welcome nearly 2,000 young people each year, with most of those being for a residential experience. Those who visit take part in a wide variety of outdoor adventure activities such as sailing, high ropes, archery, kayaking and more.
Our staff team is ably assisted by a faithful and diverse volunteer base, who join us in a variety of roles – anything from skippering a Wayfarer, baking some much needed cake, chatting to guests, to helping maintain our site. Sometimes a volunteer will join us for a single session, others may be with us for a week at a time. This volunteer base is co-ordinated by our Lead Instructor (volunteer co-ordinator), who is the main point of contact for our volunteers, identifies needs and books volunteers to meet them, and nurtures the base, both by developing existing skills within the base and expanding it in size.
Underpinning all that we do is the great news of God’s love. FACT is more than just a residential outdoor activity centre. We are a Christian community that welcomes people just as they are; we seek to witness God’s love to all who visit; we invite everyone to encounter Jesus for their self and; we disciple and support one another as a staff team as we grow in our own personal faith.
We are looking for someone with:
- a lively personal Christian faith, expressed intelligently and sensitively – it is a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) that post holder has a Christian faith
- a RYA Dinghy Instructor qualification with experience, Senior Instructor an advantage
- a qualification/experience in youth work
- the desire and ability to get alongside people of all ages and backgrounds, whether guest, volunteer or colleague
- NGB awards in outdoor activities (kayaking, high ropes, archery, climbing etc.)
- an Enhanced DBS (or willing to undertake this safeguarding check)
For more information, or to apply, check out our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.