About the role
The Project and Fundraising role is about providing greater sustainability and resilience for Fahr Beyond, whilst building the capacity for Fahr Beyond to provide support for people living with Fahr’s Disease and their families. This post will also act as a key role in managing Fahr Beyond’s working with the community and medical professionals to develop an awareness of Fahr’s and Fahr Beyond.
What you will do
- You will identify potential sources of income from grants, legacies, philanthropy, and funds for both defined projects and unrestricted purposes to help grow Fahr Beyond.
- You will lead on the grant and fund writing as agreed by the Trustees, in doing so you will write compelling and inspiring applications.
- You will work on developing the capacity of community fundraisers and supporting their endeavours.
- You will monitor and respond to incoming communication to Fahr Beyond, along with assigning any actions for response to the appropriate volunteer.
- You will work with Fahr Beyond volunteers to ensure that Fahr Beyond maintains regular communications with patients, medical professionals, and key partners
Project & Event Management
- Coordinating Fahr Beyond’s education and awareness events for Fahr’s
- Coordinating and supporting the project work of Fahr Beyond as directed by the Trustees (such as allied health care offer, and education activities)
- Managing events and calendar commitments for Fahr Beyond (Trustees and Staff)
What you will bring
You will bring prior experience of fundraising, ideally within a charity setting.
You will be a self-motivated and caring person who is passionate about helping people’s quality of life and committed to improving the outcomes of patients and their families.
You will have experience of providing patient/customer orientated care, with excellent communication skills, handling enquiries in a sensitive, diplomatic but assertive manner.