Purpose of the Job
Fair Money Advice provides client focused and impact driven services. The ability to provide first class advisory and casework services that positively impact individuals, and the communities they live in, is fundamental to the way in which Fair Money Advice provides transparent and evidence-based services.
FMA is looking for a proven self-starter to support our specialist casework and advisory team as Project Support Worker.
We are looking for someone who will provide support to a specialist team of money advisors and working closely with the Services Manager. The work will mainly be project based, administrative and will involve liasing directly with clients and partner organsiations.
This is an important and entry level job for someone looking to build skills, experience and knowledge about money and debt advice work.
Job Title Project Support Worker
Annual Leave 25 days paid holiday and 3% contribution to a stakeholder pension
Hours of work 37.5
Contract Permanent - (subject to continuation of funding)
Location Hybrid /Outreach locations as required
Training and development
Fair Money Advice will provide internal and external training as appropriate. Continued professional development is fundamental to the values of Fair Money Advice in building capacity amongst its team members.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Personal debt and its consequences have an enormous affect on individuals and families alike. Fair Money Advice works with partners to provide budgeting advice and support to try and alleviate these difficulties working with individuals to prepare detailed financial statements and explore ways of maximising their income and reducing outgoings. Advisers from FMA also negotiate with creditors directly on behalf of clients and set up manageable and sustainable repayment arrangements whilst providing comprehensive casework services.
The post holder will work closely with the Senior Adviser/Technical Supervisor to provide a quality user-led service to clients, meet contractual targets and maintain quality standards.
The post holder will also be required to coach and supervise volunteers/new staff.
The post holder will report directly to the Services Manager of Fair Money Advice
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and case management support to advisers supporting them to assist individuals face to face, via written correspondence and over telephone.
- Support Senior Adviser/ Supervisor with administrative and reporting
- Work closely with Service Manager on reporting and data audits
- Support Partnerships Officer with ad-hoc duties
- Ad hoc duties as set by Managing Director
Coordination of Fair Money Advice Services
- Systems and Quality Control Management - ensuring that procedures and policies are fully adopted across all advice services.
- Contribute to revising and improving systems to ensure efficiency and adherence to Data Protection and other standards.
- Supervision of volunteers or junior staff – provide necessary support to carry out their work, coordinating enquiries allocation.
- Data Management- ensuring that systems and data control are in line with regulatory and funding requirements.
- Work with Service Manager on data audits and maintaining and producing regular performance / impact reports
New Product Development at Fair Money Advice
- Networking - promoting the FMA image across all local and relevant networks
- Investigation & Research – contribute towards researching and compiling reports about new and existing demand for debt advice and debt prevention services. Research and reports will be used to strengthen the FMA business case for expansion and roll out of the programme as well as strengthening business planning
- Ability to speak a second language, or experience of working in multi cultural communities
- Evidence of data analysis and awareness of the not for profit sector would be advantageous
- Advice agency experience or similar
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deal appropriately and sensitively with enquiries, by telephone, letter and email, from both clients, creditors and other organisations
- Effectively collect and update monitoring data as required
- Regular reporting on project performance/data impact
- Provide and maintain casework support to advisers, book appointments; liaise with clients, process referrals from partners or other agencies to ensure diaries are active and up-todate.
- To carry out full needs assessments for all debt advice enquiries
- Upload and log all client enquiries and case updates on to FMA case management systems.
- Help to maintain internal and external social media with relevant facts and updates as required to develop and expand FMA brand and impact effectively
- Support senior/specialist adviser(s) with routine delivery of information and guidance to clients and or/organisations
- Be able to provide support during evening or weekend events as expected
- Take part in client/guest visits and conference meetings as required, and working effectively with different parts of Fair Money Advice.
- Attend relevant conferences, seminars and meetings as required.
- Attend internal meetings as required
- To carry out such duties as required for the team
- To adhere to all project policies, in particular those on confidentiality, data protection and equal opportunities; and to challenge negative attitudes and practice related to race, class, age, gender, sexuality, disability, or religion.
- To assist in the day to day running of the project
- Assist with management of volunteers or junior staff
WORK, VOLUNTARY OR LIFE EXPERIENCE
Essential A minimum of 6 months experience working in an administrative/support capacity
Essential Knowledge and experience of case management systems, including proficiency in IT (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
Essential Experience of organising and servicing meetings (including drafting agendas and taking minutes)
ABILITIES, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Essential Awareness of the reasons for and consequences of debt
Essential The ability to write clear and accurate notes, input data
Essential Good time management, organisational skills, secretarial and administrative skills
Essential Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
Essential Ability to minute meetings.
Essential Ability to take personal responsibility for work allocated and carry out specific projects to agreed deadlines
Essential Good IT Skills and a willingness to learn
Desirable Experience of delivering workshops, facilitating group sessions
Desirable Ability to identify emergency needs and prioritise work