We are seeking someone with experience of working in a communications and events role looking for a rewarding new challenge.
This is a new role and you will work alongside the Fair Tax Mark team and support the Head of Communications to plan, develop and deliver our communications. You will also help design and run a range of imaginative external events (all now subject to change given the covid crisis). Success in this role will require you to generate content across multiple channels which ensures we engage regularly with all our stakeholders, supporters and accredited businesses.
About the Candidate
We are seeking someone with experience of working in a communications and events role looking for a rewarding new challenge. The candidate will be comfortable taking a hands-on approach and working alongside the Head of Communications to deliver the communications strategy. This job will require the versatility to deal directly with clients that range from large multinationals through to co-operatives, social enterprises and NGOs.
The candidate will need to be a confident and skilled communicator, able to write engaging copy for both corporate and consumer audiences, including press releases and social media content.
Ideally, the candidate will be based in Greater Manchester and will be able to work in the office once it is safe to do so. The role will also offer some flexibility with hours and homeworking. Our Fair Tax Mark offices in are in Hulme (here), though we are moving to a new, larger office in Manchester city centre in summer 2021.The current offices of the Fair Tax Mark are upstairs in an accessible building.
Salary and benefits:
- £25k-£27k for 40 hours per week (depending on experience).
- 30 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Stakeholder pension contributions.
Areas of responsibility:
- Develop and deliver elements of the communications of the Fair Tax Mark organisation, supporting the Head of Communications. The role will require copy creation and materials production, delivering this information to specific, targeted audiences, using the most appropriate message and communication channel. Regular liaison with accredited businesses and other organisational supporters is to be anticipated.
- Day-to-day engagement and posting on the Fair Tax Mark social media accounts, liaising with the Fair Tax Mark team to create news stories and announcements, proactively creating ideas and content with the Head of Communications to improve engagement with our supporters and generate interest.
- Assisting the Head of Communications with the creation of digital media content for the website, including videos, audio and graphics. Assist with overall website functionality and relevance.
- The creation of regular newsletters focused on supporting the relationships with Fair Tax Mark’s various stakeholder groups.
- To conduct other tasks and help with other Fair Tax Mark projects when required.
- Liaise with the Fair Tax Mark accreditation team to ensure that businesses are supported by the Fair Tax Mark at different points in their accreditation/recertification cycle to maintain a proactive relationship.
- Supporting (and where necessary, leading) the Fair Tax Mark presence at third-party events. Tasks include producing display materials, organising attendance by Fair Tax Mark staff, ensuring coverage on social media as required.
- Supporting the delivery of the Fair Tax Week, as well as other connected external events. This will include locating and booking venues, arranging ticket sales and promotion, liaising with speakers, booking catering, commissioning photographers and undertaking task on the day as required.
- Supporting the Head of Communications with tasks around the internationalisation of the organisation and the Fair Tax Mark.
- 2 years’ experience working as a key member of a team managing and delivering communications and events.
- Experience of creating engaging digital content.
- Experience of writing copy for a variety of media and audiences.
- Experience of successfully leading or supporting the design and delivery of outreach events.
- Experience of managing relationships with corporate clients and NGO stakeholders.
- Experience of website management.
- Experience of using appropriate software packages for content design and creation.
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise, and work on own initiative.
- Ability to be flexible and manage own workload whilst working effectively as part of a small, focused team.
- Values aligned to the cause of tax justice.
- Ability to occasionally travel and work outside normal office hours.
- Fluent in languages other than English is desirable but not essential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send CV and covering letter using the ‘apply’ button below.
Please note that applications submitted without a covering letter will not be considered.
All applications must be received by the closing date, midnight on Friday 16th April.
Equality and diversity matters is important to the Fair Tax Mark. If you think you have the skills and experience this role requires, we’d love to hear from you regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.