We are seeking a candiidate with experience of working in a communications and events role but who wants a rewarding new challenge.
You will work alongside the Fair Tax Mark team to plan, develop and deliver our communications. You will also design and run a range of imaginative external events (all now subject to change given the covid crisis). Success in this role will require you to generate content across multiple channels which ensures we engage regularly with all our stakeholders, supporters and accredited businesses.
About the Candidate
We are seeking someone with experience of working in a communications and events role but who wants a rewarding new challenge. The candidate will be comfortable taking a hands-on approach and working alongside our existing PR and graphic design suppliers (both 0.5d/w). This job will require the versatility to deal directly with clients that range from large multinationals through to co-operatives, social enterprises and NGOs.
The candidate will need to be a confident and skilled communicator, able to write engaging copy for both corporate and consumer audiences. Working in a small team will require someone able to manage their own workload and take overall responsibility for delivery of our communications and events.
The candidate can be either home or office-based, or a mixture. Our Fair Tax Mark offices are in Manchester and we whilst we would prefer a candidate based in either Manchester or London, we would consider applications for home-based workers from other locations in the UK. The offices of the Fair Tax Mark are upstairs in an accessible building. If home-based, the candidate will need to provide a safe, secure and efficient working environment.
Areas of responsibility:
- Develop and deliver all elements of the communications of the Fair Tax Mark organisation. The role will require copy creation and materials production, delivering this information to specific, targeted audiences, using the most appropriate message and communication channel. Regular liaison with accredited businesses and other organisational supporters is to be anticipated.
- Day-to-day management of the Fair Tax Mark social media accounts, liaising with the Fair Tax Mark team to create news stories and announcements, to proactively create ideas and content to improve engagement with our supporters and generate interest and to develop a long-term strategy to build a strong social media presence.
- Oversee creation of digital media content for the website, including videos, audio and graphics. Responsibility for overall website functionality and relevance.
- To be responsible for the creation of regular newsletters focused on supporting the relationships with Fair Tax Mark’s various stakeholder groups.
- To conduct other tasks and help with other Fair Tax Mark projects when required.
- Liaise with the Fair Tax Mark accreditation manager to ensure that new businesses are supported by the Fair Tax Mark when they are first announcing their accreditation and ensuring all tasks connected with re-accreditations are completed.
- Supporting (and where necessary, leading) the Fair Tax Mark presence at third-party events. Tasks include producing display materials, organising attendance by Fair Tax Mark staff, ensuring coverage on social media as required.
- Manage the delivery of the Fair Tax Week as it transforms to more virtual event, as well as other connected external events. This will include (where necessary) booking venues, promotion of events (both physical and virtual), liaising with speakers, commissioning photographers and undertaking support tasks as required.
- 3 years’ experience working as a key member of a team managing and delivering communications and events.
- Experience of creating engaging digital content.
- Experience of writing copy for a variety of media and audiences.
- Experience of successfully leading the design and delivery of outreach events.
- Experience of managing relationships with corporate clients and NGO stakeholders.
- Experience of website management.
- Experience of using appropriate software packages for content design and creation.
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise, and work on own initiative.
- Ability to be flexible and manage own workload whilst working effectively as part of a small, focused team.
- Values aligned to the cause of tax justice.
- Ability to occasionally travel and work outside normal office hours.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send CV and covering letter using the ‘apply’ button below.
Please note that applications submitted without a covering letter will not be considered.
All applications must be received by the closing date, midnight on Friday 25th September.
Equality and diversity matters is important to the Fair Tax Mark. If you think you have the skills and experience this role requires, we’d love to hear from you regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality.
The Fair Tax Mark does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.