Hours – Part time: 2 or 3 days per week (flexible working may be considered)
Salary – £28,000 to £38,000 pro rata (starting salary dependant on experience)
Location – NW1, London and/or homeworking
Reporting – Development Director
Fair Trials is an international non-governmental organization, working in the UK, Americas, and Europe. We work to advance the global fight for fairness, justice and equality in criminal justice systems by exposing emerging threats, strengthening diverse and resilient reform movements, and fighting for justice on the global stage. We are looking for an ambitious individual with experience of trusts and foundations fundraising to join Fair Trials’ Development Team.
The Development Officer will have the following main areas of responsibility:
Managing and developing part of Fair Trials’ portfolio of trust and foundation donors;
- Contributing to the achievement of Fair Trials’ fundraising strategy; and
- Being a passionate and compelling advocate of Fair Trials’ work.
The key skills, qualifications and experience needed include:
- Experience of trust and foundation fundraising (voluntary experience acceptable).
- A commitment to human rights and criminal justice.
- Organisational skills including demonstrable experience of:
- Working effectively independently;
- Managing deadlines; and
- Delivering under time pressure.
- Communication skills including the ability to:
- Communicate complex ideas and impact to a variety of audiences;
- Create persuasive and compelling content;
- Produce accurate and attractive written/visual communications; and
- Communicate confidently and effectively in person including remotely, for example, by telephone and video call.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills including:
- Excellent research skills;
- Excellent attention to detail in both literacy and numeracy;
- The ability analyse and clearly articulate data; and
- Confidence with Excel spreadsheets.
- A team-player and willingness to be flexible according to the demands of the organisation.
- Demonstrable ability to maintain and develop professional relationships and networks.
- Experience of independently managing a portfolio of trust and foundation funders, including prospecting, stewardship, and reporting on income.
- Experience of individual giving funding and/or large trust/institutional applications and reporting.
- Insight into the challenges faced by suspects and defendants as a result of lived experience of the criminal justice system.
- Experience of working for a small non-profit, community and/or charitable organisation (voluntary experience acceptable).
The closing date for applications is 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, 5 January 2022.
Please send a CV and cover letter electronically no later than 23:59 on 15th December 2021. Applications received after this will not be considered. Please clearly include your name and “Development Officer” in the subject field of the email.
Your CV and cover letter should include
• Your name and contact details.
• Your educational history, including universities/colleges attended with dates and significant qualifications obtained.
• Your employment history, including all significant posts you have held – with dates, the names of the employers, and a description of the main duties, together with your present or most recent salary, and your contractual notice period. (You should also explain any significant
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.