Administration Officer – IAS Service
22.2 hours per week
Grade 2 (lower): £21,877 - £24,487 (inclusive of Outer London Weighting)
Temporary contract until 31st March 2021 (potential extension subject to funding)
Are you interested in making a difference to the lives of children and young people with SEND and do you have experience in working with them and their families? If so, you may be exactly who we are looking for.
We are Family Action, a national charity committed to building stronger families and brighter lives by delivering innovative and effective services and support that reaches out to many of the UK’s most vulnerable people.
Ealing I SAID! and Harrow SENDIAS Services aim to empower parents/carers and young people with special educational needs & disabilities, by providing free impartial information and advice relating to education, health and social care.
We are delighted to have recently been successful in securing new funding and we are looking for an experienced Administration Officer who will take up this exciting new opportunity and join our team.
Our Values: People focused, Mutual Respect, Excellence in all we do and a Can Do attitude
If you can relate to these and have the necessary skills and attitude, we can offer you:
- A competitive salary or £21,877 - £24,487 per annum pro rata (£13,126.20 - £14,692.20 per annum), inclusive of Outer London Weighting, leave entitlement and pension scheme
- Career development opportunities
- A full induction and ongoing quality training
- The opportunity to become part of FA initiatives
- Flexible working hours
- Managed workloads with regular supportive and reflective supervision
As an Administration Officer you will maintain and undertake business and administrative duties, carry out data collection tasks, attend meetings to take minutes and follow up actions. You will also input and monitor data, produce data reports and liaise with partner agencies. You will promote a positive image of Family Action, representing the organisation and the service to service users, families, volunteers and external professionals.
To be considered, you will need:
- Extensive experience of providing administrative support in an education and/or charitable setting and/or a relevant qualification
- Proven experience of working within an office setting, including the ability to organise and prioritise work and carry out routine tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Proven experience of inputting and analysing data as part of a data base system
- Proven experience of keeping accurate records of invoices, budget expenditure and accurate accounts of petty cash transactions
- Proven word processing and computer skills, including substantial experience of using Microsoft Office – Excel and Access databases, the internet, PowerPoint, Publisher and email
- A good command of English grammar and spelling and the ability to take and write up minutes of meetings
We are forward looking, ambitious and with a commitment to continuous improvement. We are a people focused, can-do organisation that strives for excellence in all we do and operates with mutual respect. If you share these values and behaviours and have the necessary skills then we look forward to hearing from you.
Appointments are subject to Family Action receiving an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) that we consider acceptable.
For an application pack and further information, please select the apply button shown to be taken to our website.
Closing date: 10th July 2020, 9am
Interview date: 22nd July 2020
Family Action offers good working conditions, a comprehensive training programme and a Group Personal Pension Scheme (GPPS). We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Business Support Officer, Administrator, Programme Administrator, Project Administrator, Administration Co-ordinator, or Service Co-ordinator.