How to apply
Community Engagement & Young People’s Support Worker
Chatham, Kent (covering the Medway area)
We are Family Action, a national charity committed to building stronger families and brighter lives by delivering innovative and effective services and support that reaches out to many of the UK’s most vulnerable people.
Family Action is the biggest single provider of Special Educational Needs Information and Advice Services (SENDIAS) in the country.
We’re now looking for a Community Engagement & Young People’s Support Worker to join us on a one year contract, working 33 hours per week during term time only.
- Salary of £19,776 - £22,360 pro rata
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Eyecare vouchers
- The opportunity to help make a positive difference to children and young people
- Full induction and ongoing training
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata
This is a brilliant opportunity to take on an exciting contract with a charity that’s dedicated to transforming lives and supporting those in need.
We’re a forward-thinking, people-focused organisation that operates with mutual respect. We strive for excellence in all we do and support each other to perform to the best of our ability.
If you share these values and want to work as part of a passionate team who are striving to achieve the best outcomes for children and young people, we would love to hear from you.
As a Community Engagement & Young People’s Support Worker, you will help to empower young people with SEND and identify ways to maximise their access to our services and support.
Covering sites throughout Medway, you will provide impartial information, advice and support to young people aged 16 - 25 who have SEN and/or disabilities, ensuring their views are heard and understood.
Specifically, you will:
- Run groups and workshops for young people with SEND, parents and professionals in a range of educational and community settings
- Assess the needs of families and provide direct support to young people with SEND
- Identify ways to further develop the service
To join us as a Community Engagement & Young People’s Support Worker, you’ll need:
- Experience of one-to-one and/or group work with children and young people with SEND
- An understanding of the current SEND legislative framework, particularly affecting SEND processes, admissions, exclusions and appeals
- Knowledge of Medway’s Child Protection procedures and Working Together to Safeguard Children
- The ability to work in-line with local and organisational Child Protection and Safeguarding policies and procedures
A driving licence and access to your own vehicle would be beneficial.
Other companies may call this role Support Worker, SEND Support Worker, Social Care Assistant, Social Care Worker, SEND Advisor, Care Worker or Special Needs & Disability Support Worker.
The closing date for applications is the 7th May 2019.
Webrecruit and Family Action are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Community Engagement & Young People’s Support Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.