Are you an innovative, strong, team player, who is solution focused and passionate about making a difference in everything you do? Do you have an excellent track record of retaining services, delivering excellent operational services and cultivating new business?
As Deputy Director for Services & Innovation you will lead a regional team to grow and expand a wide portfolio of services, overseeing and developing operational services throughout London and Greater London. We are looking for a can-do and energetic leader who will build and sustain positive working relationships with key commissioners and future funders and develop partnerships that will continue to evolve to effectively meet our service users needs. You will have a strong track record in service delivery and a focus on quality, performance, safeguarding and management controls. With a customer service approach you will have a passion for engaging our service users in all aspects of our work including co-production.
We want to recruit a motivational leader, and can offer the right individual the opportunity to join a values based organisation that has the needs of children and families at its core, as well as:
- A competitive salary, leave entitlement and group personal pension scheme
- The opportunity to become part of wider Family Action initiatives
- Regular high quality and reflective supervision
- The opportunity to be a part of an innovative and well respected national charity
- Family friendly working environment
Family Action is forward looking, ambitious and has a commitment to continuous improvement and growth. We are a people focused, can-do organisation, which strives for excellence in all that we do and operate with mutual respect. If you share these values and have the relevant skills and experience we look forward to hearing from you.
1. Education to degree level, a recognised professional qualification in social work, or health, or social care or equivalent in experience, and evidence of a commitment to continuing learning and professional development.
2. Demonstrable evidence of senior management.
3. Demonstrable evidence of effective practice and management in social care, or health care, as a practitioner and at middle or senior management levels.
4. Demonstrable evidence of effective supervision and management of projects or teams and staff, including evidence of service development, information management, and HR and budget management at senior management levels.
5. Evidence of managing multiple complex services and team.
6. Evidence of working strategically at senior management levels.
7. A thorough knowledge of good practice and legislation in relation to safeguarding, social care or health provision and outcome management.
8. Knowledge and understanding of the needs of vulnerable service users of all ages combined with an awareness of the particular needs of diverse ethnic communities.
Skills and Abilities
9. Ability to develop and manage Family Action service in response to the changing political and policy environment.
10. Ability to deliver Family Action’s commitment to equal opportunities, equality of access and anti-discriminatory practice in service delivery and employment.
11. Ability to provide effective professional management of casework and service provision, budget and budget planning processes, supervision of staff and managers, audit and other management functions as required.
12. Ability to market and sell the organisations portfolio of work to funders and customers.
13. Ability to contribute to the overall growth aims of Family Action, by creating and managing relationships with partners and commissioners, generating interest and workflow, contributing to and writing tenders.
14. Ability to demonstrate personal credibility, liaise and communicate at senior levels, effectively prioritise workloads with, and be personally and professionally creative and flexible.
15. Ability to contribute to the overall development of Family Action policy.
16. Ability to deputise for the Director and undertake other abilities as reasonably required.
Please visit our current vacancies page to download an application form and the documents to apply.
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the communities we support. Due to the current under-representation of Black and ethnic minority leaders in the London region we particularly encourage Black and ethnic minority candidates to apply for this role.
Closing date: 29th November 2020, midnight