Family Support Worker
HMP Styal Mother and Baby Unit, Wilmslow
30 hours per week
Grade 2 (lower): £19,974 - £22,584 per annum pro rata
Temporary 6 Month Contract
We are Family Action, a national charity committed to building stronger families and brighter lives by delivering innovative and effective services and support that reaches out to many of the UK’s most vulnerable people.
Our HMP Styal Mother and Baby Unit provides support services and Ofsted registered nursery provision for up to nine mothers and their babies. This unique service ensures children have the best possible start in life to achieve their full potential. Mothers are provided with a range of interventions and support, including enhanced attachment and parental skills, to achieve their aspirations and be confident parents.
We are recruiting for two Family Support Workers to support the delivery of the HMP Styal Mother and Baby Unit.
This is an exciting opportunity to support mothers and babies achieve their full potential in difficult circumstances.
We are seeking experienced and motivated staff to join our team, providing direct family support to mothers on the unit.
Successful applicants will also be required to work closely with our early years staff to ensure our nursery provision is excellent and fully compliant with Ofsted requirements.
The role is subject to enhanced DBS and HMP vetting procedures.
To be successful as a Family Support Worker, you will have:
- Experience or knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- A recognised qualification or certification in Social Care, Early Years, Childcare, Mental Health or Community Work
- The skills to plan, deliver and evaluate nursery and crèche sessions, which will enhance children’s learning and development
- The ability to identify children who need additional support and co-ordinate this with key partners
Our Values and Benefits
People focus, mutual respect, excellence in all we do and a can-do attitude.
If you can relate to these and have the necessary skills and attitude, we can offer you:
- A competitive salary, leave entitlement and pension scheme
- Career development opportunities
- A full induction and ongoing quality training
- The opportunity to become part of Family Action initiatives
- Flexible working hours
- Managed workloads with regular supportive and reflective supervision
Closing date: 1st June 2020 at 9am
Interview date: TBC
Family Action offers good working conditions, a comprehensive training programme and final salary pension scheme. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Other organisations may call this role Support Worker, Early Years Support Worker, Early Years Services Co-ordinator, Nursery Assistant, Nursery Co-ordinator, Nursery Services Co-ordinator, or Nursery Practitioner.
So, if you’re looking to make a difference as a Family Support Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.