Family Action has been a leading provider of services to disadvantaged and socially isolated families since its foundation in 1869. We work with over 45,000 children and families a year by providing practical, emotional and financial support through over 100 services based in communities across England.
A further 150,000 people benefit from our educational grants and information service. We tackle some of the most complex and difficult issues facing families today – including domestic abuse, mental health problems, learning disabilities and severe financial hardship.
The Finance department provides the complete finance function to the whole organisation overseeing all the 165 services across England, addressing all issues and processing payments to meet the demands of staff and external agencies.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Officer, you will be responsible for the efficient running of the expenditure recording functions, ensuring accurate and timely information is processed and made available to users including but not limited to accurate payment of supplier invoices and staff expenses.
- A part qualified accountancy qualification with recognised accounting body, NVQ 4 or equivalent degree qualification in accounting/finance.
- Relevant experience in an accounts/finance team.
- The ability to input information quickly and accurately, with attention to detail.
- Computer literacy including competency in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Demonstrated experience of working with computerised accounting systems.
- A good understanding of accounting concepts including their application.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with colleagues across Family Action.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Experience of generating management information reports.
- Ability to use initiative and to suggest new ideas for service improvement
Our Values: People Focus, Mutual Respect, Excellence in all we do and a Can Do attitude.
If you can relate to these and have the necessary skills and attitude we can offer you:
- A competitive salary, leave entitlement and pension scheme.
- Career development opportunities.
- A full induction and on-going quality training.
- The opportunity to become part of national Family Action initiatives.
- Managed workloads and regular supportive and reflective supervision.
For an application pack and further information, including the benefits we offer, please visit our website.
Closing date: Friday 21st August 2020, 5pm
Interview date: Thursday 3rd September 2020