How to apply
Senior Young Carers’ Practitioner
London (Working across Islington & Camden)
Family Action is a national charity committed to building stronger families and brighter lives by delivering innovative and effective services and support that reaches out to many of the UK’s most vulnerable people.
We are now seeking a Senior Young Carers’ Practitioner to join our well-established Islington & Camden Young Carers Service. The service works with young carers and their families offering assessment, whole-family support and targeted groups to support in making longstanding positive change.
- Salary of £26,603 - £28,943 per annum (including ILW)
- 25 days’ holiday
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Eyecare vouchers
- A full induction and ongoing quality training
- The opportunity to become part of wider charity initiatives
If you have experience of leading on complex family work involving children, young people and parents, this is an excellent opportunity to take your career to the next level with our outstanding charity.
In this crucial role, you’ll have a chance to make an essential and positive impact to those who need it most. By providing support and empowerment, you’ll be making a real difference to the lives of young carers and their families on a daily basis.
So, if you want to take on a fulfilling and rewarding role that makes a difference, we want to hear from you.
As a Senior Young Carers’ Practitioner, you will assess the needs of young carers and their families in order to support long lasting and positive change.
Specifically, you will provide direct, individual and whole family support and interventions through home-based visits and community and school settings.
Reporting to the Young Carers’ Project Manager, your role will also involve:
- Undertaking effective whole family assessments
- Establishing and maintaining effective liaison with additional support services
- Offering consultation, advice and outreach services for professionals
- Acting as lead contact for Families First Early Help Services
- Engaging young carers using positive activities to improve their emotional wellbeing
- Providing parenting sessions, 1-1 support, and a range of other planned support models
- Raising awareness and identifying young carers in a range of external settings
Interested? To be considered as a Senior Young Carers’ Practitioner, you will need:
- A sound understanding of good parenting practices and knowledge of the risk factors to children and vulnerable adults with specific focus on these in relation to young carers
- Experience of working proactively and leading on complex family work involving children, young people and parents
- Previous experience of identifying support needs and planning and implementing targeted support plans to achieve positive and measurable outcomes
- Excellent assessment skills and the ability to identify children and young people who may be at risk, their support needs and ability to plan, implement and monitor targeted support
- To be educated to level 3 or above with a recognised professional qualification in social work, health, education or equivalent
This is the ideal role for someone who has held the role of Senior Young Carers’ Practitioner, Social Care Practitioner, Social Worker, Senior Family Support Practitioner, Project Co-ordinator or Senior Family Support Worker.
This is a full time role, working 37 hours per week.
The closing date for applications is 9am on the 2nd July 2019.
Webrecruit and Family Action are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re ready to make a difference as a Senior Young Carers’ Practitioner, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.