We are seeking a communications and public relations officer to work alongside our Senior Researcher to develop and implement the charity’s communication strategy. The post will raise the profile of the Trust, engage new audiences and respond to relevant issues as they arise in the media. The candidate will have excellent writing skills, be a confident communicator and an organised self-starter.
Please note: we will only consider candidates who have detailed in their cover letter that they meet the requirements listed in the ad, and have demonstrated that they clearly understand and align with the values the organisation promotes.
Family Education Trust is a national educational trust which has no political or religious affiliations, and is funded entirely by voluntary donations. Our vision is to promote the welfare of children and young people by researching the causes and consequences of family breakdown. We aim to do this by providing resources, materials and factsheets to parents, educators and policy-makers. We also influence public policy debate through contributions to consultations.
Flexible hours/days, and working from home arrangement a possibility.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing communication strategy and messaging across multiple channels.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key media outlets and journalists.
- Developing ideas and creative ways of telling stories about our Trust and our impact.
- Developing communication materials (press releases, speaking points, messaging, statements) alongside Senior Researcher and Trustees.
- Engaging new and existing audiences with relevant content for print and digital platforms.
- Liaising with key spokespeople, consultants and researchers within the Trust, like-minded charities and other stakeholders.
- General admin duties to contribute to the day-to-day running of the charity.
- A qualification in marketing or communications, or similar.
- Knowledge of the political landscape relating to family issues.
- Proven track record in media relations.
- Fluent language skills in English, both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to communicate calmly, thoughtfully and concisely.
- Must align with the core aims of the Trust and have a lifestyle that reflects the values.
Please include in your cover letter how you meet each of these requirements.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.