Full Time Permanency Service Team Leader (37.5 hours pw)
- Are you experienced in managing fostering and/or adoption services?
- Are you committed to providing the best quality foster carers and adopters for troubled children?
- Do you want to work in a multi-disciplinary team of skilled professionals to ensure good therapeutic Post Adoption and Fostering support, and to motivate and support other social workers to do so too?
If the answer’s ‘yes’ – get in touch!
Why? Family Futures is:
- An adoption and adoption support agency awarded an outstanding rating by OFSTED in 2018 for our third consecutive inspection.
- Has a reputation for innovation and offering a high-quality service - an integrated multi-disciplinary assessment, treatment and family finding service for adopted and fostered children who often are more challenging to place or to maintain in placement.
- Now developing a therapeutic fostering service to bring our skills and wrap-around support to children in care
As the Permanency Service Team Leader you will be responsible for continuing to develop and support our Adoption Service, be a central part of developing our exciting new Therapeutic Fostering Service and manage the staff within these services to help them maximise and develop their skills and practice.
We Need an energetic experienced manager with a background in permanency services who will lead a small team of social workers in the Permanency Service and carry a small caseload of assessing adopters and foster carers, and post approval support. You will also (for an additional salary element) take a turn at staffing the out of hours support line.
Ideally applicants will have experience of both fostering and adoption. However, given our experience in adoption, it is more essential that the Permanency Team Leader brings experience and knowledge of fostering and is willing to build their skills in adoption.
- High quality support, supervision and training
- The opportunity to work creatively, as a key part of our multi-disciplinary team, in a child-centred way, informed by current research, using a well-evidenced model of understanding the need of children with traumatic histories.
- Small caseloads, meaning you can work in depth with families and support the staff team to do so
- Competitive salary and a supportive working environment, which recognises the stress of this type of work and nurtures staff, enabling staff to grow their skills and gain satisfaction from supporting carers/adopters to become therapeutic parents and children to heal and thrive.
Family Futures is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We expect all staff to share our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and follow safer recruitment practices to protect children and adults at risk of harm, requiring the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
This is a permanent position. Salary: £46,000 - £51 000 per annum
In response to Covid 19 we have had to adapt our services, therefore the role is currently largely home-based with some days at our office in Islington.
Closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 14th February 2021 with interviews scheduled to take place on Monday 22nd February 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.