To manage the day to day operations of the FareShare Greater Manchester warehouse, and work supportively with volunteers and staff to ensure as much food as possible reaches our charity customers in a safe and timely manner.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- To provide agile day to day management of the FareShare GM warehouse including the
- co-ordination of daily work schedules and activities.
- Ensure that all shifts are planned, controlled and staffed, and be prepared to work at short notice providing cover for shifts on occasion, including driving or navigating.
- Provide a well organised, calm and friendly working environment for volunteers, staff and visitors that promotes good morale and team work.
- Manage and use the in-house stock management database ‘Gladys’, with responsibility for the training of warehouse-focused staff and volunteers on the database.
- Maintain good relations and communications with logistics providers, food donors and FareShare Community Food Members in receipt of FareShare foods.
- Promote on and off site safe driving and delivery / collection practices, and ensure that the vans are roadworthy and legal (taxed and insured) and operating in accordance with the EMERGE transport management plan.
- Work with the Operations Manager to improve existing safe working systems and activities, and develop new operational/logistic activity, leading on implementation as required.
- Be responsible for the Health & Safety and security of the project, including warehouse, vehicles, staff and volunteers, visitors including Community Food Members collecting food.
- Ensure daily compliance with all FareShare UK policies and procedures and industry standards as required by food donors and regulators.
- To ensure that all staff, and volunteers adhere to the policies and procedures of EMERGE and FareShare Greater Manchester including safeguarding and the code of conduct.
- To comply with monitoring and evaluation systems as required for the project’s activities and report regularly to the Operations Manager.
- To promote excellent customer care and ensure the service is delivered in ways that promote dignity and respect for others.
- Supervise the warehouse staff on a day to day basis, ensuring that all staff are aware of their responsibilities and are able to carry them out; and be responsible for performance reviews when required.
- Work with the Operations Manager to train volunteers and other work placement trainees within the warehouse.
- To liaise with the Volunteering Team to assist in the co-ordination of the volunteer rota in order to cover for the needs of the team.
- Supervise and support volunteers on a day to day basis in ways that encourage their engagement, development and progression.
- To carry out any other duties which may be reasonably requested.
Place of Work: EMERGE and FareShare Greater Manchester, Units E1- 8, New Smithfield Market, M11 2WJ.
Hours: Up to 37.5 hours a week within the opening hours of 8.30am – 4.30 pm Monday to Friday. Some Saturday working will be required.
Contract: Until 31st March 2021 in the first instance.
Holidays: 22 Days a year plus Bank Holidays
Deadline: 15th July 2019, midday. Interviews will be held in the week commencing 22nd of July. Please note we will only contact applicants who have been selected for interview.